Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-09-15 17:40:58

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Call Quotes - VII

Call Quotes - VII

1. I have not the slightest pretension to call my verses poetry; I write now and then for no other purpose than to relieve depression or to improve my English. - Alfred Nobel

2. It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions. - Mark Twain

3. To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today. - Isaac Asimov

4. Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods. - George W. Bush

5. The waving of a pine tree on the top of a mountain - a magic wand in Nature's hand - every devout mountaineer knows its power; but the marvelous beauty value of what the Scotch call a breckan in a still dell, what poet has sung this? - John Muir

6. I know I have this level of celebrity, of fame, international, national, whatever you want to call it, but it's a pretty surreal thing to think sometimes that you're in the middle of another famous person's life and you think to yourself, 'How the hell did I get famous? What is this some weird club that we're in?' - Kevin Costner

7. What people call impartiality may simply mean indifference, and what people call partiality may simply mean mental activity. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

8. People in Ethiopia, the Sudan, etc., don't know Audrey Hepburn, but they recognize the name UNICEF. When they see UNICEF, their faces light up, because they know that something is happening. In the Sudan, for example, they call a water pump 'UNICEF.' - Audrey Hepburn

9. I alone of English writers have consciously set myself to make music out of what I may call the sound of sense. - Robert Frost

10. When things haven't gone well for you, call in a secretary or a staff man and chew him out. You will sleep better and they will appreciate the attention. - Lyndon B. Johnson

11. People who know me well, call me Elizabeth. I dislike Liz. - Elizabeth Taylor

12. What we call Man's power over Nature turns out to be a power exercised by some men over other men with Nature as its instrument. - C. S. Lewis.

15-Best-things-about-working-in-a-call-centre.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer