Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-09-09 21:40:01

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Call Quotes - I

Call Quotes - I

1. How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Saying that a tail is a leg doesn't make it a leg. - Abraham Lincoln

2. What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from. - T. S. Eliot

3. Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

4. What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. - William Shakespeare

5. I call architecture frozen music. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

6. I have struck a city - a real city - and they call it Chicago... I urgently desire never to see it again. It is inhabited by savages. - Rudyard Kipling

7. There will be no end to the troubles of states, or of humanity itself, till philosophers become kings in this world, or till those we now call kings and rulers really and truly become philosophers, and political power and philosophy thus come into the same hands. - Plato

8. King of England, and you, duke of Bedford, who call yourself regent of the kingdom of France... settle your debt to the king of Heaven; return to the Maiden, who is envoy of the king of Heaven, the keys to all the good towns you took and violated in France. - Joan of Arc

9. What we call happiness in the strictest sense comes from the (preferably sudden) satisfaction of needs which have been dammed up to a high degree. - Sigmund Freud

10. The best customer service is if the customer doesn't need to call you, doesn't need to talk to you. It just works. - Jeff Bezos

11. A lawyer without history or literature is a mechanic, a mere working mason; if he possesses some knowledge of these, he may venture to call himself an architect. - Walter Scott

12. A physician without a knowledge of Astrology has no right to call himself a physician. - Hippocrates.

migration-MakingaPhoneCallIMGB1.jpg?q=60&fm=webp&w=700&h=350

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer