Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-08-05 00:06:55

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Business Quotes - XII

Business Quotes - XII

1. A business absolutely devoted to service will have only one worry about profits. They will be embarrassingly large. - Henry Ford

2. After all, the chief business of the American people is business. They are profoundly concerned with producing, buying, selling, investing and prospering in the world. - Calvin Coolidge

3. The odds of me coming into the rocket business, not knowing anything about rockets, not having ever built anything, I mean, I would have to be insane if I thought the odds were in my favor. - Elon Musk

4. It's a business you go into because you're an egocentric. It's a very embarrassing profession. - Katharine Hepburn

5. When you're young, you look at television and think, there's a conspiracy. The networks have conspired to dumb us down. But when you get a little older, you realize that's not true. The networks are in business to give people exactly what they want. - Steve Jobs

6. To rule a country of a thousand chariots, there must be reverent attention to business, and sincerity; economy in expenditure, and love for men; and the employment of the people at the proper seasons. - Confucius

7. Business underlies everything in our national life, including our spiritual life. Witness the fact that in the Lord's Prayer, the first petition is for daily bread. No one can worship God or love his neighbor on an empty stomach. - Woodrow Wilson

8. The art which we may call generally art of the wayside, as opposed to that which is the business of men's lives, is, in the best sense of the word, Grotesque. - John Ruskin

9. Duty is the great business of a sea officer; all private considerations must give way to it, however painful it may be. - Horatio Nelson

10. In business, the idea of measuring what you are doing, picking the measurements that count like customer satisfaction and performance... you thrive on that. - Bill Gates

11. Many leaders of big organizations, I think, don't believe that change is possible. But if you look at history, things do change, and if your business is static, you're likely to have issues. - Larry Page

12. If I were to try to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for any other business. - Abraham Lincoln.

Business-Strategy-Blog-1024-686.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer