Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-02-09 16:48:18

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Bowler Quotes - III

Bowler Quotes - III

1. I would say I am an ordinary bowler but one with a really big heart, and that's what has stood me in good stead in all these years. - Harbhajan Singh

2. It is a bowler's skill that gets him wickets in Tests. - Yuzvendra Chahal

3. One of the great joys of being a slip fielder who takes a catch is you are able to contribute to the bowler's success. Yes, you are putting yourself in the firing line if you stuff it up, but you must want to be in that position to make a difference, and recognise sometimes that you might make mistakes. There are no easy catches in the slips. - Rahul Dravid

4. If you ask me the best bowler, then Wasim Akram was the best bowler because he had a lot of variety. Even when you were batting on 100 or 150, you're not very sure... He could still get you out. That was his forte. - Mohammad Azharuddin

5. If you ask me, a batsman has very few opportunities as compared to a bowler. A bowler knows, if he gets hit for a six or a boundary, he has another delivery left to get back and take a wicket. For a batsman, one loose shot, and you are out. A bowler will always have 24 opportunities. - Gautam Gambhir

6. I was scared of facing only one bowler - that was Muttiah Muralitharan. - Virender Sehwag

7. I feel England is the most difficult place for a bowler. - Jasprit Bumrah

8. There is nobody called Test bowler, one day bowler or T20 bowler. It just how you adapt and make a difference to your own game. - Sourav Ganguly

9. It is one thing being scrutinised for playing a bad shot as a batsman or bowling a bad spell as a bowler, but the captaincy adds an extra dimension. The criticism is slightly harder to take. - Andrew Flintoff

10. When I began, I was more of a swing bowler with little pace, but I realized it will be difficult to sustain without the pace, so my fitness has now allowed me maybe an extra yard of pace. That has been the secret of my success. - Bhuvneshwar Kumar

11. I am an attacking bowler, but I can change my plan and go however the team wants me to go. - Imran Tahir

12. I am not a big supporter of sledging or insults that are hurled at you. But I don't mind if a bowler glares or stares at the batsmen. During my career, I have faced these situations numerous times. - Inzamam-ul-Haq.

GettyImages-898632694.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer