Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-02-06 21:42:05

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Bowl Quotes - V

Bowl Quotes - V

1. When I made my debut in 1994-95 I bowled big outswingers pretty much every ball, because people had told me you should bowl consistent outties to take wickets. - Glenn McGrath

2. The one thing you can't do is get carried away with that pace and bounce. There's a temptation to charge in and just slam the ball into the pitch and you can end up bowling too short. You still have to bowl the right length so that you threaten to take wickets. - Glenn McGrath

3. A lot of the emphasis on international bowlers is on their pace and Australia coach Darren Lehmann is a big fan of bowlers who can bowl 90mph-plus. - Glenn McGrath

4. As a bowler it's a strange feeling when you start running through a team. You get that one wicket under your belt and suddenly you start running in feeling loose, feeling relaxed and thinking about what you want to bowl rather than focusing on trying to force that wicket. - Glenn McGrath

5. In the longer term we have got to learn how to bowl on flat pitches if England are to head the ICC Championship table. - Nasser Hussain

6. Marcus Trescothick. No question. I hate bowling to him. I pitch it up, he drives me through the covers. I bowl back of a length, he runs me down to third-man. I go short, and he lifts me over the keeper or pulls me for four. - Stuart Broad

7. I found Ricky Ponting the hardest to bowl to and it was a great pleasure to play against him as he was genuinely one of the best that's ever played and a really tough competitor as well. He hated you when you were on the field but he always shook your hand and was the epitome of 'play hard but play fair.' - Stuart Broad

8. In Ranji cricket, I am used heavily as a bowler, but in international cricket I hardly get four overs, and sometimes I never even get to bowl and bat at number eight. - Stuart Binny

9. Fitness is also something I have worked on, especially because I know I have to bowl a lot more if I want to play for the country. - Stuart Binny

10. Between 50 overs and 20 overs, there is a big difference, because there is 30 extra overs of fielding and six extra overs to bowl, and that can take its toll. - Ravi Shastri

11. The classical art of spin bowling, how you should bowl in Test match cricket, is disappearing. - Ravi Shastri

12. Coming on to bowl in the opening powerplay might look stressful for a spinner but I actually quite like it. - Moeen Ali.

4547315581191_01_400.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer