Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-02-06 17:05:26

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Bowl Quotes - IV

Bowl Quotes

1. If I am talking to a youngster, I coach him what I feel is best for him to bowl, how to hold the ball, how to bowl certain things, and how to bowl to certain batsmen, how to position himself. I never talk to them about the rules. - Garfield Sobers

2. To me, Shane Warne is a great turner of the ball. I like his aggressive attitude, I love the way he attacks batsmen, and I give him 100 per cent for that, as not enough spinners bowl with that approach, but in my estimation, Subhash Gupte was a better leg-spinner. - Garfield Sobers

3. Lasith Malinga has been a great influence for me to bowl yorkers consistently. - Jasprit Bumrah

4. When there is seam movement, you don't need to try too much. Just bowl good, hard lengths and wait for the batsman to make mistakes. - Jasprit Bumrah

5. If you bowl good yorkers in nets and come up with good variation, it helps your on-field performance. - Bhuvneshwar Kumar

6. As a bowler, you want to go and bowl in helpful conditions in South Africa, England, and Australia. But it is also important to bowl in the right areas, and they differ from bowler to bowler, depending on conditions and the opposition. - Bhuvneshwar Kumar

7. I don't run after speed. Obviously, it will be better to have some more pace, but I am very well aware that I can't bowl with the speed of 150 kmph. I am working hard on my technique and variations. - Bhuvneshwar Kumar

8. I have learnt that patience is important: patience when you bowl and also in how you handle life. - Imran Tahir

9. I always love challenges, and when I bowl, I always look to get wickets. - Imran Tahir

10. I have been bowling at the death sometimes. You need to focus. You know if you miss your target, you will go for a boundary, but it's also good because it makes you a really good bowler. You practise hard, and you try to bowl in one area most of the time. - Imran Tahir

11. I'm always trying to improve whether by being more consistent, accurate, fitter or able to bowl longer spells. - James Anderson

12. A lot is made of the pink ball. But it is the same really. A good ball is a good ball, regardless of the colour. You might want to bowl a touch fuller with the pink ball when it is nipping around but generally a pink kookaburra behaves the same as a red kookaburra. - James Anderson.

4548718990016_org_700x.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer