Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-02-05 18:34:00

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Bowl Quotes - I

Bowl Quotes - I

1. Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt. - Lao Tzu

2. A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy? - Albert Einstein

3. A few years ago, the city council of Monza, Italy, barred pet owners from keeping goldfish in curved bowls... saying that it is cruel to keep a fish in a bowl with curved sides because, gazing out, the fish would have a distorted view of reality. But how do we know we have the true, undistorted picture of reality? - Stephen Hawking

4. I've been very competitive by nature from a young age, whether it was eating a bowl of pasta faster than somebody else, or always wanting to be the first one in line. - Maria Sharapova

5. I love England, especially the food. There's nothing I like more than a lovely bowl of pasta. - Naomi Campbell

6. I would love to bowl 160 km/h. Any fast bowler would love to do that. But for me that is almost impossible. - Dale Steyn

7. People who bowl vote. Bowlers are not the cultural elite. - Dan Quayle

8. If the batsman is playing good shots, you accept it, but it is important that we bowl according to what the plan is and not go off it. - MS Dhoni

9. Every time I sit for a song, I feel I am finished. It's like a beggar sitting waiting for God to fill your bowl with the right thought. In every song, I ask help from Him. Everybody around is so good, so to create music that will connect with so many people is not humanly possible without inspiration. - A. R. Rahman

10. For me, I need to bowl lots of overs in order to start getting back into form - much like a batsman needs to hit a lot of balls. - Dale Steyn

11. The more allrounders you have, the more difficult it becomes for the opposition. The reason being, if you have players who can bat and bowl, and if they are proper allrounders - they may be spinning or fast-bowling allrounders - they add to the strength of the team. - MS Dhoni

12. A bowler is his own captain. I know what needs to be done, what the ball is doing. If you don't know where you are going to bowl and where you think the batsman will hit, then how can you tell the captain what you want? You are the judge. - Harbhajan Singh.

oftast-serving-bowl-white__0671981_pe716453_s5.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer