Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-01-20 17:31:45

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Both Quotes - IX

Both Quotes - IX

1. Microsoft has had two goals in the last 10 years. One was to copy the Mac, and the other was to copy Lotus' success in the spreadsheet - basically, the applications business. And over the course of the last 10 years, Microsoft accomplished both of those goals. And now they are completely lost. -  Steve Jobs

2. In the Andes and the Alps, I have seen melting glaciers. At both of the Earth's Poles, I have seen open sea where ice once dominated the horizon. - Ban Ki-moon

3. I don't see why I can't have friends of both sexes without wild rumors being circulated. It's crazy. - Leonardo DiCaprio

4. Today, being the biggest developing countries in the world, China and India are both committed to developing their economy and raising their people's living standards. - Li Peng

5. Minds that are ill at ease are agitated by both hope and fear. - Ovid

6. A statesman who confines himself to popular legislation - or, for the matter of that, a playwright who confines himself to popular plays - is like a blind man's dog who goes wherever the blind man pulls him, on the ground that both of them want to go to the same place. - George Bernard Shaw

7. We are only falsehood, duplicity, contradiction; we both conceal and disguise ourselves from ourselves. - Blaise Pascal

8. Amnesty is as good for those who give it as for those who receive it. It has the admirable quality of bestowing mercy on both sides. - Victor Hugo

9. The one charm about marriage is that it makes a life of deception absolutely necessary for both parties. - Oscar Wilde

10. Weakness on both sides is, as we know, the motto of all quarrels. - Voltaire

11. Fear of death makes us devoid both of valour and religion. For want of valour is want of religious faith. - Mahatma Gandhi

12. Because atomic behavior is so unlike ordinary experience, it is very difficult to get used to, and it appears peculiar and mysterious to everyone - both to the novice and to the experienced physicist. - Richard P. Feynman.

both_social.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer