Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-31 16:24:16

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Books Quotes - V

Books Quotes - V

1. The love of learning, the sequestered nooks, And all the sweet serenity of books. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

2. But then I go through long periods where I don't listen to things, usually when I'm working. In between the records and in between the writing I drag up books and music and movies and anything I can find. - Bruce Springsteen

3. I don't read a lot of books. - Usain Bolt

4. I know many books which have bored their readers, but I know of none which has done real evil. - Voltaire

5. Books constitute capital. A library book lasts as long as a house, for hundreds of years. It is not, then, an article of mere consumption but fairly of capital, and often in the case of professional men, setting out in life, it is their only capital. - Thomas Jefferson

6. Some books leave us free and some books make us free. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

7. Let reverence for the laws be breathed by every American mother to the lisping babe that prattles on her lap - let it be taught in schools, in seminaries, and in colleges; let it be written in primers, spelling books, and in almanacs; let it be preached from the pulpit, proclaimed in legislative halls, and enforced in courts of justice. - Abraham Lincoln

8. Upon books the collective education of the race depends; they are the sole instruments of registering, perpetuating and transmitting thought. - Harry S Truman

9. My books are like water; those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water. - Mark Twain

10. Mr. Arthur Ashe, he was good. I read some of his books. He knew about everything, but he was real quiet and didn't talk much. I never met him. - Mike Tyson

11. A bad book is the worse that it cannot repent. It has not been the devil's policy to keep the masses of mankind in ignorance; but finding that they will read, he is doing all in his power to poison their books. - John Kenneth Galbraith

12. Prolonged, indiscriminate reviewing of books is a quite exceptionally thankless, irritating and exhausting job. It not only involves praising trash but constantly inventing reactions towards books about which one has no spontaneous feeling whatever. - George Orwell

13. I like books that aren't just lovely but that have memories in themselves. Just like playing a song, picking up a book again that has memories can take you back to another place or another time. - Emma Watson

14. I love great journalism. I appreciate it. I love a good, you know, I love good news stories. I love great books. I love great articles. I appreciate them so much, and they've been part of my education as a woman. - Angelina Jolie

15. I am not a self-help writer. I am a self-problem writer. When people read my books, I provoke some things. I cannot justify my work. I do my work; it is up to them to classify it, to judge. - Paulo Coelho.

STORY_4_SET_2.0.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer