Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-11 19:26:58

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Bodies Quotes - I

Bodies Quotes - I

1. I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people. - Isaac Newton

2. Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. - Aristotle

3. The beginnings and ends of shadow lie between the light and darkness and may be infinitely diminished and infinitely increased. Shadow is the means by which bodies display their form. The forms of bodies could not be understood in detail but for shadow. - Leonardo da Vinci

4. I shall now recall to mind that the motion of the heavenly bodies is circular, since the motion appropriate to a sphere is rotation in a circle. - Nicolaus Copernicus

5. I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars. - Charles Darwin

6. The medical literature tells us that the most effective ways to reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke, diabetes, Alzheimer's, and many more problems are through healthy diet and exercise. Our bodies have evolved to move, yet we now use the energy in oil instead of muscles to do our work. - David Suzuki

7. Morality without religion is only a kind of dead reckoning - an endeavor to find our place on a cloudy sea by measuring the distance we have run, but without any observation of the heavenly bodies. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

8. What we observe as material bodies and forces are nothing but shapes and variations in the structure of space. - Erwin Schrodinger

9. Absolute space, in its own nature, without regard to anything external, remains always similar and immovable. Relative space is some movable dimension or measure of the absolute spaces, which our senses determine by its position to bodies, and which is vulgarly taken for immovable space. - Isaac Newton

10. This is the patent age of new inventions for killing bodies, and for saving souls. All propagated with the best intentions. - Lord Byron

11. The moon and other celestial bodies should be free for exploration and use by all countries. No country should be permitted to advance a claim of sovereignty. - Lyndon B. Johnson

12. Are not rays of light very small bodies emitted from shining substances? - Isaac Newton

13. I can't say this enough - the food that you put into your bodies can actually help you get better grades. And it can also affect your performance in sports and other activities too. You see, when you give your body the best possible fuel, you have more energy, you're stronger, you think more quickly. - Michelle Obama

14. Heat can also be produced by the impact of imperfectly elastic bodies as well as by friction. This is the case, for instance, when we produce fire by striking flint against steel, or when an iron bar is worked for some time by powerful blows of the hammer. - Hermann von Helmholtz

15. We're going in really fresh. We're going to have fresh legs and bodies, we're going to be able to stay the distance, and that's our goal. - Serena Williams

16. It is reasonable that forces directed toward bodies depend on the nature and the quantity of matter of such bodies, as happens in the case of magnetic bodies. - Isaac Newton

17. I've always known that sporting people frequently suffer from joint problems because of the repeated strain they put on their bodies to get to the top. But somehow I never thought it would happen to me. - Carl Lewis

18. It is indeed a matter of great difficulty to discover, and effectually to distinguish, the true motions of particular bodies from the apparent because the parts of that immovable space, in which those motions are performed, do by no means come under the observation of our senses. - Isaac Newton

19. People of great power wield great power, but people of lesser power or people who have fallen out of power go to jail without adequate evidence, or their bodies are found in the trunks of cars. - Ratan Tata

20. I have found that, in the composition of the human body as compared with the bodies of animals, the organs of sense are duller and coarser. Thus, it is composed of less ingenious instruments, and of spaces less capacious for receiving the faculties of sense. - Leonardo da Vinci

21. Man, as a physical being, is like other bodies governed by invariable laws. - Montesquieu

22. The body is a great machine, and it knows how to take care of itself. I think more often than not the things we do to our skin or our bodies can hold it back from doing its proper job. - Julia Roberts

23. Just as the system of the sun, planets and comets is put in motion by the forces of gravity, and its parts persist in their motions, so the smaller systems of bodies also seem to be set in motion by other forces and their particles to be variously moved in relation to each other and, especially, by the electric force. - Isaac Newton

24. If we vote to Leave and take back control, all sorts of opportunities open up. Including doing new free trade deals around the world, restoring Britain's seat on all sorts of international bodies, restoring health to our democracy and belief to our democracy. - Boris Johnson.

set-human-body-anatomy_1308-49287.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer