Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-10 19:30:15

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Body Quotes - III

Body Quotes - III

1. Medicine is the restoration of discordant elements; sickness is the discord of the elements infused into the living body. - Leonardo da Vinci

2. To the nameless and unsung heroes of our freedom struggle, we offer our humble tribute. Their life-blood nourishes the body of independent India. - Rajiv Gandhi

3. I don't want my body to be a distraction from my talent or my brain. - Shania Twain

4. Facts are to the mind what food is to the body. - Edmund Burke

5. Respect for right conduct is felt by every body. - Jane Austen

6. I had the classic 40 meltdown. I did. It's embarrassing. It was pretty funny. But then I recovered. To me, it was like a second adolescence. Hormonally, my body was changing, my mind was changing, and so my relationship to myself and the world around me came to this assault of finiteness. - Keanu Reeves

7. The Old Testament God is a person with body parts and passions. The Church of England God has neither body, parts nor passions, and is therefore not a person. - George Bernard Shaw

8. The main purpose of life is to live rightly, think rightly, act rightly. The soul must languish when we give all our thought to the body. - Mahatma Gandhi

9. What, after all, is the object of education? To train the body in health, vigor and grace, so that it may express the emotions in beauty and the mind with accuracy and strength. - Annie Besant

10. I can't say this enough - the food that you put into your bodies can actually help you get better grades. And it can also affect your performance in sports and other activities too. You see, when you give your body the best possible fuel, you have more energy, you're stronger, you think more quickly. - Michelle Obama

11. When I retired, I stopped playing because of my body, so much pain and injuries. - Ronaldo

12. Although almost every theoretical physicist agrees with my prediction that a black hole should glow like a hot body, it would be very difficult to verify experimentally because the temperature of a macroscopic black hole is so low. - Stephen Hawking

13. We find delight in the beauty and happiness of children that makes the heart too big for the body. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

14. You can kill the body but not the spirit. - Robert Louis Stevenson

15. Happiness is not being pained in body or troubled in mind. - Thomas Jefferson

16. The mind can assert anything and pretend it has proved it. My beliefs I test on my body, on my intuitional consciousness, and when I get a response there, then I accept. - D. H. Lawrence

17. In the sports arena I would say there is nothing like training and preparation. You have to train your mind as much as your body. - Venus Williams

18. My mom told me to cover up my arms ever since I was little because I was muscular. She wanted me to be feminine, which did not come easy to me. My body was what it was, and I worked it to be a better tennis player. - Martina Navratilova

19. The main thing about Bruce Lee is that, he was a little guy. And you know, his quickness, his aggressiveness, his explosive power, you have to be a great athlete to have all these, his body, his look, you know, all these things have to do with discipline and structure. He was able to go against the biggest guy, regardless of who he was. - Evander Holyfield

20. It's a war zone, my body, and one which has been through a great deal. - Amitabh Bachchan

21. I'm not a genetically superior person. I built my body. - Sylvester Stallone

22. I have found that, in the composition of the human body as compared with the bodies of animals, the organs of sense are duller and coarser. Thus, it is composed of less ingenious instruments, and of spaces less capacious for receiving the faculties of sense. - Leonardo da Vinci

23. We want a clean and effective Olympic body where it can help us and Indian sports to grow and we athletes can represent our country and our flag once again. - Abhinav Bindra

24. Why there is one body in our System qualified to give light and heat to all the rest, I know no reason but because the Author of the System thought it convenient; and why there is but one body of this kind, I know no reason, but because one was sufficient to warm and enlighten all the rest. - Isaac Newton

25. No body can be healthful without exercise, neither natural body nor politic, and certainly, to a kingdom or estate, a just and honourable war is the true exercise. - Francis Bacon

26. Training gives us an outlet for suppressed energies created by stress and thus tones the spirit just as exercise conditions the body. - Arnold Schwarzenegger

27. The sky was clear - remarkably clear - and the twinkling of all the stars seemed to be but throbs of one body, timed by a common pulse. - Thomas Hardy

28. 'Darkness on the Edge of Town' came out of a huge body of work that had tons of very happy songs. - Bruce Springsteen

29. Health starts in the head and goes to the heart and other parts of the body. - Sourav Ganguly

30. There are thoughts which are prayers. There are moments when, whatever the posture of the body, the soul is on its knees. - Victor Hugo.

file-20171005-9767-cuvhjn.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer