Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-05 17:59:17

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Board Quotes - I

Board Quotes - I

1. God made the Idiot for practice, and then He made the School Board. - Mark Twain

2. The government's job is good governance for everybody. My government will make policies; if you fit into it, come on board, or stay where you are. My job is not to spoon-feed anyone. - Narendra Modi

3. We should all be obliged to appear before a board every five years and justify our existence... on pain of liquidation. - George Bernard Shaw

4. I am a huge bull on this country. We will not have a double-dip recession at all. I see our businesses coming back almost across the board. - Warren Buffett

5. I ordered each man to be presented with something, as strings of ten or a dozen glass beads apiece, and thongs of leather, all which they estimated highly; those which came on board I directed should be fed with molasses. - Christopher Columbus

6. I'm always in search for perfection. If it's not perfect, I'm back to the drawing board. - Venus Williams

7. How pleasant it is for a father to sit at his child's board. It is like an aged man reclining under the shadow of an oak which he has planted. - Walter Scott

8. I attend to my fitness. I go the gym every day and try to maintain my physical fitness; without that, it is tough to take challenges on the chess board. - Viswanathan Anand

9. I loved the material when I first read it, and the experience of making the film was a great one. So when we came around to complete the trilogy, I just signed on board without even reading the scripts because the experience of the first film was so good. Keanu Reeves

10. I've definitely done things to change my behaviour. There are certain things you can't do when you get to a certain level in what you do. When it gets to a certain time, you're a story to somebody. It is something I have taken on board. - Ben Stokes

11. I'm not a poster boy for Conservation International. I'm a working member of the board. - Harrison Ford

12. The Indians on board said that thence to Cuba was a voyage in their canoes of a day and a half; these being small dug-outs without a sail. Such are their canoes. I departed thence for Cuba, for by the signs the Indians made of its greatness, and of its gold and pearls, I thought that it must be Cipango. - Christopher Columbus

13. It's not reasonable for companies that have chief executives and board members who are paid very considerable sums to subsidise low pay through in-work benefits. - Boris Johnson

14. I would love to take a role like Greg Chappell did for Australia. I think I have a good eye for talent and this is something that we have never taken on board in the Caribbean. - Viv Richards

15. How can you disrespect the West Indies when we were so dominant in world cricket for so long? We have to face it ourselves because our own board don't defend us. - Chris Gayle

16. You can't build a strong corporation with a lot of committees and a board that has to be consulted every turn. You have to be able to make decisions on your own. - Rupert Murdoch

17. I learned that fighting on the chess board could also have an impact on the political climate in the country. - Garry Kasparov

18. In this respect I suppose I'm the total opposite of Garry. With his very emotive body language at the board he shows and displays all his emotions. I don't. - Vladimir Kramnik

19. When I say 'yes' to a movie it's usually because, to a greater or lesser extent, it's because I'm enthusiastic about the character. How well that character ultimately comes off depends on a lot of things: your relationship with the director and so on. But at first, you're on board because you think you can do something with it. - John Travolta

20. I don't like to show my emotions at the board, not because they might give something away to an opponent, but because that's my style: I like to keep it to myself. - Vladimir Kramnik

21. Administrators are there because of the fans and the cricketers to run this game, so credibility of a game, or a board, or even a government for that matter, is important irrespective of what you do. If you are in public life, it is important. - Rahul Dravid

22. Before a game, I avoid having a heavy meal so that I don't feel sleepy at the board. You eat to be healthy, and that generally takes care of everything. Also, you can't be too finicky, since at tournaments you tend to eat at restaurants here and there. But, as long as you're eating sensibly, it's all good. - Viswanathan Anand

23. The Center for Disease Control started out as the malaria war control board based in Atlanta. Partly because the head of Coke had some people out to his plantation, and they got infected with malaria, and partly 'cause all the military recruits were coming down and having a higher fatality rate from malaria while training than in the field. - Bill Gates

24. I do really well in the traditional board games: Backgammon, Checkers. - Chelsea Clinton.

school-board-background-png-favpng-8yKvZS5cqLYXqF6tDa0iizuF3.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer