Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-30 15:58:29

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Blood Quotes - I

Blood Quotes - I

1. The way to make money is to buy when blood is running in the streets. - John D. Rockefeller

2. The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood. - Otto von Bismarck

3. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson

4. The purpose of separation of church and state is to keep forever from these shores the ceaseless strife that has soaked the soil of Europe with blood for centuries. - James Madison

5. There is no glory in battle worth the blood it costs. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

6. The blood of the just will be demanded of London, burnt by fire in the year '66. The ancient Lady will fall from her high place, and many of the same sect will be killed. - Nostradamus

7. Knavery and flattery are blood relations. - Abraham Lincoln

8. It is courage, courage, courage, that raises the blood of life to crimson splendor. Live bravely and present a brave front to adversity. - Horace

9. A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards. - Theodore Roosevelt

10. I have Chinese blood in me... I am not ashamed to admit that perhaps the great leaders of our country all have Chinese blood. - Ferdinand Marcos

11. I distrust Great Men. They produce a desert of uniformity around them and often a pool of blood too, and I always feel a little man's pleasure when they come a cropper. - E. M. Forster

12. The best blood will at some time get into a fool or a mosquito. - Benito Mussolini

13. I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. - Winston Churchill

14. Advance, and never halt, for advancing is perfection. Advance and do not fear the thorns in the path, for they draw only corrupt blood. - Khalil Gibran

15. What is absurd and monstrous about war is that men who have no personal quarrel should be trained to murder one another in cold blood. - Aldous Huxley

16. It will have blood, they say; blood will have blood. - William Shakespeare

17. My father once said, 'If you're in the desert and you're dying of thirst, are you going to drink a glass of blood or are you going to drink a glass of water?' I think what he was trying to say, interesting coming from my blood father, is sometimes there are people in your family that can be toxic. - Nicolas Cage

18. In countries where innocent people are dying, the leaders are following their blood rather than their brains. - Nelson Mandela

19. By blood a king, in heart a clown. - Alfred Lord Tennyson

20. My connection with Brazil is so abstract. My blood and my way of thinking is Brazilian, but that's it. I don't tend to go back to the past, and although I have an apartment there, I rarely visit. When I move, I really move. - Paulo Coelho

21. If I wish to compose or write or pray or preach well, I must be angry. Then all the blood in my veins is stirred, and my understanding is sharpened. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

22. Nature has left this tincture in the blood, That all men would be tyrants if they could. - Daniel Defoe

23. I think I'll take a bath in his blood. - Mike Tyson

24. Property as compared with humanity, as compared with the red blood in the American people, must take second place, not first place. - Woodrow Wilson

25. It's in my blood to be around people while I was training. - Muhammad Ali

26. I have high blood sugars, and Type 2 diabetes is not going to kill me. But I just have to eat right, and exercise, and lose weight, and watch what I eat, and I will be fine for the rest of my life. - Tom Hanks

27. Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

28. An election is a moral horror, as bad as a battle except for the blood; a mud bath for every soul concerned in it. - George Bernard Shaw

29. I'm sure the feeling of fear, as long as you can take advantage of it and not be rendered useless by it, can make you extend yourself beyond what you would regard as your capacity. If you're afraid, the blood seems to flow freely through the veins, and you really do feel a sense of stimulation. - Edmund Hillary

30. If there is no blood on the line, it is not rugby league. - Russell Crowe.

GettyImages-1257429592%20%281%29.webp?itok=QGuZXS8q

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#2 2023-01-02 15:10:21

thomasfrank
Website

Re: Blood Quotes - I

All these quotes are absolutely great but because I'm a big fan of Mike Tyson so I am very impressed with the quote: "I think I'll take a bath in his blood" from him.

Last edited by thomasfrank (2023-01-02 15:11:18)

Board footer