Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-19 17:40:09

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Benefits Quotes

Benefits Quotes

1. If you're totally illiterate and living on one dollar a day, the benefits of globalization never come to you. - Jimmy Carter

2. Write injuries in dust, benefits in marble. - Benjamin Franklin

3. The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits. - Plutarch

4. The sage does not hoard. The more he helps others, the more he benefits himself, The more he gives to others, the more he gets himself. The Way of Heaven does one good but never does one harm. The Way of the sage is to act but not to compete. - Lao Tzu

5. In America the young are always ready to give to those who are older than themselves the full benefits of their inexperience. - Oscar Wilde

6. We believe that economic globalisation should be more open, inclusive, equitable, and balanced for mutual benefits. - Sushma Swaraj

7. With all of their benefits, and there are many, one of the things I regret about e-books is that they have taken away the necessity of trawling foreign bookshops or the shelves of holiday houses to find something to read. I've come across gems and stinkers that way, and both can be fun. - J. K. Rowling

8. When one side benefits more than the other, that's a win-lose situation. To the winner it might look like success for a while, but in the long run, it breeds resentment and distrust. - Stephen Covey

9. Socrates gave a lifetime to the outpouring of his substance in the shape of the greatest benefits bestowed on all who cared to receive them. In other words, he made those who lived in his society better men and sent them on their way rejoicing. - Xenophon

10. It is generally believed that it is the students who derive benefit by working under the guidance of a professor. In reality, the professor benefits equally by his association with gifted students working under him. - C. V. Raman

11. I don't think there is anything wrong in earning money from the sport you love. If you work hard and get benefits from it, there is no harm. The day you feel that you are not working hard and are only looking at the benefits, that's where the problem is. - Virat Kohli

12. Some might complain that nuclear disarmament is little more than a dream. But that ignores the very tangible benefits disarmament would bring for all humankind. Its success would strengthen international peace and security. It would free up vast and much-needed resources for social and economic development. It would advance the rule of law. - Ban Ki-moon

13. Whoever benefits his enemy with straightforward intention that man's enemies will soon fold their hands in devotion. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

14. There are minds so impatient of inferiority that their gratitude is a species of revenge, and they return benefits, not because recompense is a pleasure, but because obligation is a pain. - Samuel Johnson

15. This is the moment when we must build on the wealth that open markets have created, and share its benefits more equitably. Trade has been a cornerstone of our growth and global development. But we will not be able to sustain this growth if it favors the few, and not the many. - Barack Obama

16. We must ensure that the global market is embedded in broadly shared values and practices that reflect global social needs, and that all the world's people share the benefits of globalization. - Kofi Annan

17. Throughout history, people have studied pure science from a desire to understand the universe rather than practical applications for commercial gain. But their discoveries later turned out to have great practical benefits. - Stephen Hawking

18. Why do I talk about the benefits of failure? Simply because failure meant a stripping away of the inessential. I stopped pretending to myself that I was anything other than what I was, and began to direct all my energy into finishing the only work that mattered to me. - J. K. Rowling

19. There is no duty we so much underrate as the duty of being happy. By being happy we sow anonymous benefits upon the world. - Robert Louis Stevenson

20. There are occasions when obstruction in Parliament brings greater benefits to the country. - Arun Jaitley

21. In practice, the copyright system does a bad job of supporting authors, aside from the most popular ones. Other authors' principal interest is to be better known, so sharing their work benefits them as well as readers. - Richard Stallman

22. It's not reasonable for companies that have chief executives and board members who are paid very considerable sums to subsidise low pay through in-work benefits. - Boris Johnson

23. Over time, yes, countries will need to look at specific GMO products like they look at drugs today, where they don't approve them all. They look hard at the safety and the testing. And they make sure that the benefits far outweigh any of the downsides. - Bill Gates

24. Around the world, climate change is an existential threat - but if we harness the opportunities inherent in addressing climate change, we can reap enormous economic benefits. - Ban Ki-moon

25. Uncontrolled, mass immigration displaces British workers, forces people onto benefits, and suppresses wages for the low-paid. - Theresa May

26. Doing all we can to combat climate change comes with numerous benefits, from reducing pollution and associated health care costs to strengthening and diversifying the economy by shifting to renewable energy, among other measures. - David Suzuki

27. The society of life on Mars, or the challenge of making Mars more livable, will have significant benefits on our attempts to modify and change in some ways the environment here on Earth. - Buzz Aldrin

28. Any mechanism that will ensure benefits to consumer, any mechanism that will ensure that we do not waste food grains, any mechanism that helps the poorest of the poor is a welcome step. - N. R. Narayana Murthy

29. Oftentimes, the best negotiations result in a deal that benefits both parties. There are times when you simply want to go for the jugular, but often, you want the other person to feel pleased with the outcome, even if you are the clear victor. - Ivanka Trump

30. Reforms ensure that everybody benefits and the state generates financial resources to provide for the really deserving. - Piyush Goyal

31. Benefits of demonetisation need to percolate down to entrepreneurs and their enterprises, many of which are outside the ambit of formal economy. - Smriti Irani

32. I'm not comparing it with cricketers who get huge money. But getting some financial benefits do motivate players, especially athletes. I appreciate this move by the state government. A state like Haryana has been producing more and more players because of such motivations. - Hima Das.

1635179276816.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer