Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-17 17:29:49

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Bend, Bending, and Bent Quotes

Bend,Bending, and Bent Quotes

1. Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye. - Helen Keller

2. I bend and do not break. - Jean de La Fontaine

3. The moral arc of the universe bends at the elbow of justice. Martin Luther King, Jr.

4. I want to still be able to garden while I can bend over. - Barbara Bush

5. It takes someone like Ram Gopal Varma to change the norms, bend the rules, shake convention, and come up with something like 'Road.' - Vivek Oberoi

6. Your core holds you upright; it helps you bend and twist and jump; it helps you transfer power through your body; and it strengthens your posture, whether you are batting, sitting at a desk or running around a park. - Jos Buttler

7. Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings. - Victor Hugo

8. The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over. - Aesop

9. Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind. - Bruce Lee

10. Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can't ride you unless your back is bent. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

11. Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love. - Khalil Gibran

12. I chose to pursue a career in physics because there the truth isn't so easily bent. - Angela Merkel

13. The idea of reverence for God is transmitted from parent to child, it is educated into an abnormal development, and thus almost indefinitely strengthened, but yet it does appear to me that the bent to worship is an integral part of man's nature. - Annie Besant

14. But how carve way i' the life that lies before, If bent on groaning ever for the past? - Robert Browning

15. My sisters used to learn dance, and I used to stand behind them and dance. So my guruji suggested that I also learn, as I seemed interested. I started learning at the age of three and was always on stage for something or the other. My mother is proud of me, and clearly my artistic bent comes from her. - Madhuri Dixit

16. Spirituality is a great bent of mind. It gives peace and hope to me. - Hema Malini

17. I was never hell bent on being an actress forever, but I will not say that I won't work again. - Nagma.

depositphotos_70858787-stock-photo-lovely-girl-curly-hair-curled.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer