Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-15 16:37:28

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Belongs Quotes

Belongs Quotes

1. Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world. Science is the highest personification of the nation because that nation will remain the first which carries the furthest the works of thought and intelligence. - Louis Pasteur

2. Victory belongs to the most persevering. - Napoleon Bonaparte

3. This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it. - Abraham Lincoln

4. The future doesn't belong to the fainthearted; it belongs to the brave. - Ronald Reagan

5. Everything comes to us that belongs to us if we create the capacity to receive it. - Rabindranath Tagore

6. Life belongs to the living, and he who lives must be prepared for changes. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

7. Jealousy is both reasonable and belongs to reasonable men, while envy is base and belongs to the base, for the one makes himself get good things by jealousy, while the other does not allow his neighbour to have them through envy. - Aristotle

8. The American dream belongs to all of us. - Kamala Harris

9. Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you. - Lao Tzu

10. It is indeed a desirable thing to be well-descended, but the glory belongs to our ancestors. - Plutarch

11. The earth belongs to the living, not to the dead. - Thomas Jefferson

12. The description of right lines and circles, upon which geometry is founded, belongs to mechanics. Geometry does not teach us to draw these lines, but requires them to be drawn. - Isaac Newton

13. Believing that the power to destroy belongs to the Creator alone I affirm... that any theory which, when carried out, demands the annihilation of force, is necessarily erroneous. - James Prescott Joule

14. When His Holiness won the Nobel Peace Prize, there was a quantum leap. He is not seen as solely a Tibetan anymore; he belongs to the world. - Richard Gere

15. There's a big, wonderful world out there for you. It belongs to you. It's exciting and stimulating and rewarding. Don't cheat yourselves out of this promise. - Nancy Reagan

16. Fair peace becomes men; ferocious anger belongs to beasts. - Ovid

17. I have frequently pointed out that the future belongs to nations with grains and not guns. - M. S. Swaminathan

18. Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world. - Louis Pasteur

19. I am inclined to think that the realm of mythology is where the Yeti rightly belongs. - Edmund Hillary

20. A state is not a state if it belongs to one man. - Sophocles

21. My father belongs to a different generation altogether. He has spent most of his time working hard to make our lives comfortable, and ours is more of a conventional father-son relationship rather than one of friends. - Bobby Deol.

original-7215288-1.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer