Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-15 16:03:14

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Belonging Quotes

Belonging Quotes

1. How should a man be capable of grooming his own horse, or of furbishing his own spear and helmet, if he allows himself to become unaccustomed to tending even his own person, which is his most treasured belonging? - Alexander the Great

2. A few good words don't just make your day but they also give the sense of belonging and confidence to take the next big step forward. - Ravi Shastri

3. I am involved in a freedom ride protesting the loss of the minority rights belonging to the few remaining earthbound stars. All we demanded was our right to twinkle. - Marilyn Monroe

4. You have to understand, beauty differs from country to country. When I came to India, I found my sense of belonging and appreciation. People thought I was beautiful. - Katrina Kaif

5. The child, merely by going on with his life, learns to speak the language belonging to his race. It is like a mental chemistry that takes place in the child. - Maria Montessori

6. I want Infosys to be a company which is globally respected and in where people belonging to different nationalities, races and religious beliefs will work with intense competition but utmost courtesy, dignity and co-operation in adding greater value to our stakeholders day after day. - N. R. Narayana Murthy

7. Stories in families are colossally important. Every family has stories: some funny, some proud, some embarrassing, some shameful. Knowing them is proof of belonging to the family. - Salman Rushdie

8. As a man may be born with a mathematical faculty, and by training that faculty year after year may immensely increase his mathematical capacity, so may a man be born with certain faculties within him, faculties belonging to the soul, which he can develop by training and by discipline. - Annie Besant

9. Looking back now, I realise that belonging to the family of a labourer actually helped to prepare my body for boxing. There were many times when my family didn't have enough food or warm clothing to go around. All this made me physically, as well as emotionally, tough. - Mary Kom

10. I always see America as really belonging to the Native Americans. Even though I'm American, I still feel like a visitor in my own country. - Nicolas Cage

11. If some student belonging to weaker section of society suffers distress, humanity says it must be addressed. - Arun Jaitley.

AdobeStock_348926864-scaled-1-2048x1366.jpeg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer