Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-13 17:59:31

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Believes Quotes

Believes Quotes

1. All kids need is a little help, a little hope and somebody who believes in them. - Magic Johnson

2. To me, consensus seems to be the process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values and policies. So it is something in which no one believes and to which no one objects. - Margaret Thatcher

3. Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson

4. Yet if anyone believes that the earth rotates, surely he will hold that its motion is natural, not violent. - Nicolaus Copernicus

5. A consistent soul believes in destiny, a capricious one in chance. - Benjamin Disraeli

6. A faith is a necessity to a man. Woe to him who believes in nothing. - Victor Hugo

7. John Kerry believes in an America where hard work is rewarded. - Barack Obama

8. No man is much good unless he believes in God and obeys His laws. - Robert Baden-Powell

9. I am what we call a 'karma yogi' in Sanskrit. A karma yogi is somebody who believes in data. I collect a lot of data. - N. R. Narayana Murthy

10. The one thing coaches cannot tolerate... is the individual who grows arrogant because he excelled at a lower level and believes he has nothing else to learn. - Zig Ziglar

11. I'm one of those guys who believes that you need a strong woman in your life. - Pierce Brosnan

12. I've always believed in writing without a collaborator, because where two people are writing the same book, each believes he gets all the worry and only half the royalties. - Agatha Christie

13. In terms of playing ability there is nothing to choose between number one and 100. Instead, it's a question of who believes and who wants it more? Which player is mentally stronger? Which player is going to fight the hardest in the big points? These are the things that determine who is the champion. - Novak Djokovic

14. People often think I'm a faker, but I'm usually honest, in a certain way - in such a way that often nobody believes me! - Richard P. Feynman

15. Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

16. Everyone believes very easily whatever they fear or desire. - Jean de La Fontaine

17. But I am an optimist about Britain; and the difference between an optimist and a pessimist is not that the optimist believes the world is wonderful and the pessimist believes it's beset by challenges; the difference is the pessimist believes we will be defeated by them; the optimist thinks the challenges can be overcome. - Tony Blair

18. Nobody believes in completely unadulterated capitalism. - Bill Gates

19. One believes others will do what he will do to himself. - Victor Hugo

20. I am not one who - who flamboyantly believes in throwing a lot of words around. - George H. W. Bush

21. I come here tonight as a sister, blessed with a brother who is my mentor, my protector and my lifelong friend. And I come here as a wife who loves my husband and believes he will be an extraordinary president. - Michelle Obama

22. I admire a lot of people, but in terms of sport I've always loved the mentality of Tiger Woods on a golf course. I always love his eyes when he's setting himself and focusing on his decision; he has a really strong, focused face and believes that he can make the shot. - Rafael Nadal

23. Whatever I've experienced in my life is a part of my story, and I'm proud of that. But it's someone who wakes up early, works all day, believes in charitable work, business-minded, diligent, accountable, problem-solving... I'm so much about school, consistency and tradition. - Drew Barrymore

24. Not many countries establish a prize for peace. The Seoul Peace Prize has its roots in the 1988 Summer Olympics when this country opened its doors to people and athletes from more than 160 countries. Korea did so in part because it believes in the power of sports for peace and development. - Ban Ki-moon

25. He who is mistaken in an action which he sincerely believes to be right may be an enemy, but retains our esteem. - Jules Verne

26. I like to chat either at my site or, sometimes, through MSN and ICQ. And even if I do reveal my identity, there are a lot of times when no one believes me. - Jackie Shroff

27. I have lot of hopes from Virat Kohli and nation believes in him. - Sourav Ganguly

28. I married a good man and a family that believes in commitment. - Jaya Bachchan.

how-to-be-confident-e1532373539954.jpeg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer