Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-12 16:17:44

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Believed Quotes

Believed Quotes

1. I have to be seen to be believed. - Queen Elizabeth II

2. A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth. - Aesop

3. I've always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come. - Michael Jordan

4. I have always believed that process is more important than results. - MS Dhoni

5. I've always believed that you can think positive just as well as you can think negative. - James Baldwin

6. It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself. - Muhammad Ali

7. The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else. - George Bernard Shaw

8. Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carroll

9. We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together. - Walt Disney

10. Myths which are believed in tend to become true. - George Orwell

11. The Hebrews have done more to civilize men than any other nation. If I were an atheist, and believed blind eternal fate, I should still believe that fate had ordained the Jews to be the most essential instrument for civilizing the nations. - John Adams

12. This is a moment that I deeply wish my parents could have lived to share. My father would have enjoyed what you have so generously said of me-and my mother would have believed it. - Lyndon B. Johnson

13. It is generally believed that our science is empirical and that we draw our concepts and our mathematical constructs from the empirical data. If this were the whole truth, we should, when entering into a new field, introduce only such quantities as can directly be observed, and formulate natural laws only by means of these quantities. - Werner Heisenberg

14. It is generally believed that it is the students who derive benefit by working under the guidance of a professor. In reality, the professor benefits equally by his association with gifted students working under him. - C. V. Raman

15. My father believed in toughness, honesty, politeness and being on time. All very important lessons. - Roger Moore

16. God gave you a brain. Do the best you can with it. And you don't have to be Einstein, but Einstein was mentally tough. He believed what he believed. And he worked out things. And he argued with people who disagreed with him. But I'm sure he didn't call everybody jerks. - Clint Eastwood

17. I have believed the best of every man. And find that to believe is enough to make a bad man show him at his best, or even a good man swings his lantern higher. - William Butler Yeats

18. The fact that the great scientist believed in flying machines was the one thing that encouraged us to begin our studies. - Wilbur Wright

19. Friendship, like the immortality of the soul, is too good to be believed. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

20. I have never believed in comparisons, whether they are about different eras, players or coaches. - Sachin Tendulkar

21. To the best of my judgment, I have labored for, and not against, the Union. As I have not felt, so I have not expressed any harsh sentiment towards our Southern brethren. I have constantly declared, as I really believed, the only difference between them and us is the difference of circumstances. - Abraham Lincoln

22. My mom is Irish. She is a poet and a humanitarian who believed in ensuring that people around her had a better life. - Amala Akkineni

23. At Reliance, we have always believed in investing in the businesses of the future and in investing in talent. - Mukesh Ambani

24. I've always believed in people's capacity for goodness. I still believe that people are good. What I'm not so trusting about anymore is their relationship to their own goodness. - Anne Hathaway

25. I am an ordinary man who worked hard to develop the talent I was given. I believed in myself, and I believe in the goodness of others. - Muhammad Ali

26. I have always believed in evolving a consensus before taking any major decision. - Narendra Modi

27. All my life I had believed that unless I was perfect I would not be loved. - Jane Fonda

28. I've always believed in writing without a collaborator, because where two people are writing the same book, each believes he gets all the worry and only half the royalties. - Agatha Christie

29. People wrote me off, but I believed in myself. I got the confidence back, and it grew and grew. I won my first major and my last at the place that changed my life. - Pete Sampras

30. I have always believed that against smaller teams is when you can give others a chance to get some runs and gain some confidence. - Mithali Raj

31. As a product of education, I have always believed in the power of education as the most powerful, high-impact catalyst for transformation. Look at the impact that the Indian Institutes of Technology have had globally. - Shiv Nadar

32. I have always believed that all things depended upon Fortune, and nothing upon ourselves. - Lord Byron

33. I have long believed this interdependence defines the new world we live in. - Tony Blair

34. I have never been a superstar and never believed in it. - Amitabh Bachchan

35. Now, I have always believed that women are not victims; we are agents of change, we are drivers of progress, we are makers of peace - all we need is a fighting chance. - Hillary Clinton

36. An algorithm must be seen to be believed. - Donald Knuth

37. You have to just make the choices you make in life. I made the choices I made because I believed they were right for me. - Angelina Jolie

38. All my life I believed I became an athlete through my own determination, but it's impossible to think that being descended from slaves hasn't left an imprint through the generations. Difficult as it was to hear, slavery has benefited descendants like me - I believe there is a superior athletic gene in us. - Michael Johnson

39. I have always believed that technology drives human civilization's endeavor and progress. - Mukesh Ambani

40. I believed in the goodness of the Australian people; I believed they did not want to be attacking each other, and from those thoughts, I got the idea of Reconciliation in the campaign slogan and of turning this into something practical by calling a summit to bring representatives of all sections of society together, from the wealthiest to the poor. - Bob Hawke

41. Lincoln believed in the American people. - Steven Spielberg

42. Plus, you know, when I was young, there was a lot of respect for clowning in rock music - look at Little Richard. It was a part of the whole thing, and I always also believed that it released the audience. - Bruce Springsteen.

she-believed-she-could-so-she-did-quote-2.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer