Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-11 15:40:48

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Beliefs Quotes

Beliefs Quotes

1. I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. - Bertrand Russell

2. I have learned that as long as I hold fast to my beliefs and values - and follow my own moral compass - then the only expectations I need to live up to are my own. - Michelle Obama

3. We become not a melting pot but a beautiful mosaic. Different people, different beliefs, different yearnings, different hopes, different dreams. - Jimmy Carter

4. Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others. - John F. Kennedy

5. To me, consensus seems to be the process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values and policies. So it is something in which no one believes and to which no one objects. - Margaret Thatcher

6. If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news? - W. Somerset Maugham

7. Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them. - George Orwell

8. We are born believing. A man bears beliefs as a tree bears apples. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

9. We have all had the experience of finding that our reactions and perhaps even our deeds have denied beliefs we thought were ours. - James Baldwin

10. America is a Nation with a mission - and that mission comes from our most basic beliefs. We have no desire to dominate, no ambitions of empire. Our aim is a democratic peace - a peace founded upon the dignity and rights of every man and woman. - George W. Bush

11. The mind can assert anything and pretend it has proved it. My beliefs I test on my body, on my intuitional consciousness, and when I get a response there, then I accept. - D. H. Lawrence

12. Our beliefs, our values shape the way we look out at the world and the way we treat it. If we believe that we were here, placed here by God, that this - all of this creation is for us, it's for us to go and occupy, dominate and exploit, then we will proceed to do that. - David Suzuki

13. Champions invariably have fervent philosophical beliefs. Philosophy, in its simplest terms, means 'the love of wisdom.' - Zig Ziglar

14. The universities are available only to those who share my revolutionary beliefs. - Fidel Castro

15. In religious and in secular affairs, the more fervent beliefs attract followers. If you are a moderate in any respect - if you're a moderate on abortion, if you're a moderate on gun control, or if you're a moderate in your religious faith - it doesn't evolve into a crusade where you're either right or wrong, good or bad, with us or against us. - Jimmy Carter

16. I want Infosys to be a company which is globally respected and in where people belonging to different nationalities, races and religious beliefs will work with intense competition but utmost courtesy, dignity and co-operation in adding greater value to our stakeholders day after day. - N. R. Narayana Murthy

17. My parents were always very strict, and they gave me the right beliefs in how to treat people. It was very strict and all about morals - I try to pass that on to my own children. - David Beckham

18. I always knew I wanted to have children. When I met my husband, Rande, I thought, 'This is the guy.' When you are getting ready to become a mom, being in love with someone just isn't enough. You need to think about whether he would be a good parent and raise your children with similar beliefs. - Cindy Crawford

19. Whether or not you agree with Ayn Rand - and I have certain issues with some of her beliefs - the woman can tell a story. I mean, the novel as an art form is just in full florid bloom in 'Atlas Shrugged.' It's an unbelievable story. The characters are so compelling, and what she's saying is mind-expanding. - Anne Hathaway

20. I just don't like the separatism that comes from religion, and, without fail, the need to put your beliefs on someone else. When you start telling someone else how to live, you should check yourself, man. - Brad Pitt

21. When you are getting ready to become a mom, being in love with someone just isn't enough. You need to think about whether he would be a good parent and raise your children with similar beliefs. - Cindy Crawford

22. I have fame on the level of a Marilyn Monroe or an Elvis Presley, but part of the reason I didn't go the way they did was because of my beliefs. People make judgments about Scientology, but often they don't know what they're talking about. - John Travolta

23. People often ask me whether I believe in God. I haven't seen God. But I think that one's beliefs are one's God - and, in those terms, yes, God is there. - Kapil Dev

24. The object of poetic activity is essentially language: whatever his beliefs and convictions, the poet is more concerned with words than with what these words designate. - Octavio Paz

25. What is God, and how do you believe in him - how do you not believe? It's a question the world continues to tussle with. People's beliefs get them in a lot of conflicts. - Holly Hunter

26. Faith is important, even if you're not religious. You need to have beliefs in people or things. - Eoin Morgan.

Beliefs.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer