Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-09 18:03:21

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Beings Quotes

Beings Quotes

1. The purpose of education is to make good human beings with skill and expertise... Enlightened human beings can be created by teachers. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

2. Nature doesn't need people - people need nature; nature would survive the extinction of the human being and go on just fine, but human culture, human beings, cannot survive without nature. - Harrison Ford

3. We cannot despair of humanity, since we ourselves are human beings. - Albert Einstein

4. Man's enemies are not demons, but human beings like himself. - Lao Tzu

5. Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. And man can be as big as he wants. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. - John F. Kennedy

6. Synergy is what happens when one plus one equals ten or a hundred or even a thousand! It's the profound result when two or more respectful human beings determine to go beyond their preconceived ideas to meet a great challenge. - Stephen Covey

7. The great gift of human beings is that we have the power of empathy. - Meryl Streep

8. Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all - the apathy of human beings. - Helen Keller

9. Truth is, I'll never know all there is to know about you just as you will never know all there is to know about me. Humans are by nature too complicated to be understood fully. So, we can choose either to approach our fellow human beings with suspicion or to approach them with an open mind, a dash of optimism and a great deal of candour. - Tom Hanks

10. As human beings, we suffer from an innate tendency to jump to conclusions, to judge people too quickly, and to pronounce them failures or heroes without due consideration. - Prince Charles

11. Our human compassion binds us the one to the other - not in pity or patronizingly, but as human beings who have learnt how to turn our common suffering into hope for the future. - Nelson Mandela

12. As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world - that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves. - Mahatma Gandhi

13. Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages. - Thomas A. Edison

14. I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all. That is something that you cannot say aloud, or perhaps even think. - Sigmund Freud

15. As long as man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings he will never know health or peace. For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. - Pythagoras

16. No man has received from nature the right to command his fellow human beings. - Denis Diderot

17. I will fight for my children on any level so they can reach their potential as human beings and in their public duties. - Princess Diana

18. Human beings must be known to be loved; but Divine beings must be loved to be known. - Blaise Pascal

19. The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. - Aldous Huxley

20. I hope that some day the practice of producing cowpox in human beings will spread over the world - when that day comes, there will be no more smallpox. - Edward Jenner

21. Elegance is usually confused with superficiality, fashion, lack of depth. This is a serious mistake: human beings need to have elegance in their actions and in their posture because this word is synonymous with good taste, amiability, equilibrium and harmony. - Paulo Coelho

22. It is in the admission of ignorance and the admission of uncertainty that there is a hope for the continuous motion of human beings in some direction that doesn't get confined, permanently blocked, as it has so many times before in various periods in the history of man. - Richard P. Feynman

23. On the whole, human beings want to be good, but not too good, and not quite all the time. - George Orwell

24. We human beings are strange creatures and still reserve the right to think for ourselves. - Marilyn Monroe

25. I am an agnostic, even though I respect and am interested in all religions. If there's something I believe in, it's a mysterious energy; the one that fills the oceans during tides, the one that unites nature and beings. - Monica Bellucci

26. No other planet in the solar system is a suitable home for human beings; it's this world or nothing. That's a very powerful perception. - Carl Sagan

27. It is by suffering that human beings become angels. - Victor Hugo

28. We really have the most beautiful planet in our solar system. None other can sustain life like we know it. None other has blue water and white clouds covering colorful landmasses filled with thriving, beautiful, living things like human beings. - Sunita Williams

29. Human beings are the only animals of which I am thoroughly and cravenly afraid. - George Bernard Shaw

30. But while they prate of economic laws, men and women are starving. We must lay hold of the fact that economic laws are not made by nature. They are made by human beings. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

31. We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery. - Charlie Chaplin

32. Technology is unlocking the innate compassion we have for our fellow human beings. - Bill Gates

33. Live and allow others to live; hurt no one; life is dear to all living beings. - Mahavira

34. Let us change our traditional attitude to the construction of programs. Instead of imagining that our main task is to instruct a computer what to do, let us concentrate rather on explaining to human beings what we want a computer to do. - Donald Knuth

35. What is a Web year now, about three months? And when people can browse around, discover new things, and download them fast, when we all have agents - then Web years could slip by before human beings can notice. - Tim Berners-Lee

36. In order to arrive at knowledge of the motions of birds in the air, it is first necessary to acquire knowledge of the winds, which we will prove by the motions of water in itself, and this knowledge will be a step enabling us to arrive at the knowledge of beings that fly between the air and the wind. - Leonardo da Vinci

37. Love other human beings as you would love yourself. - Ho Chi Minh

38. That country is the richest which nourishes the greatest number of noble and happy human beings. - John Ruskin

39. I feel no need for any other faith than my faith in the kindness of human beings. I am so absorbed in the wonder of earth and the life upon it that I cannot think of heaven and angels. - Pearl S. Buck

40. It has always been a mystery to me how men can feel themselves honoured by the humiliation of their fellow beings. - Mahatma Gandhi

41. Lily's really together - she's a sharp kid and one of the smartest human beings I have ever met. Whatever she is doing, if she needs any advice, I'm there for her. Kids are going to make their own decisions, but I guess that the only thing you can do as a parent is to offer support. And I do. - Johnny Depp

42. Society has always to demand a little more from human beings than it will get in practice. - George Orwell.

GeRecycle.com-3-Scary-Effects-of-E-waste-on-the-Environment-and-Human-Health.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer