Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-08 17:45:11

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Being Quotes

Being Quotes

1. One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. - Plato

2. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. Lao Tzu

3. Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught. - Winston Churchill

4. All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages. - William Shakespeare

5. Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. - Buddha

6. There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about. - Oscar Wilde

7. Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness. - Desmond Tutu

8. Power is like being a lady... if you have to tell people you are, you aren't. - Margaret Thatcher

9. You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end, each of us must work for his own improvement and, at the same time, share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. - Marie Curie

10. First, I want to pay tribute to Diana myself. She was an exceptional and gifted human being. In good times and bad, she never lost her capacity to smile and laugh, nor to inspire others with her warmth and kindness. I admired and respected her - for her energy and commitment to others, and especially for her devotion to her two boys. - Queen Elizabeth II

11. Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty. - Mother Teresa

12. Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy. - William Butler Yeats

13. For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer. - Arnold Schwarzenegger

14. Being glamorous is about strength and confidence. It's black and white - dramatic. You have to be strong. - Catherine Zeta-Jones

15. It's been quite a roller coaster ride, but I've grown and learned a lot about myself. The greatest thing is being able to interact with fans and touch people's lives... for that I give thanks. - Christina Aguilera

16. Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise. - Sigmund Freud

17. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. - Audrey Hepburn

18. I am still far from being what I want to be, but with God's help I shall succeed. - Vincent Van Gogh

19. Loneliness is my least favorite thing about life. The thing that I'm most worried about is just being alone without anybody to care for or someone who will care for me. - Anne Hathaway

20. There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway

21. Being busy does not always mean real work. The object of all work is production or accomplishment and to either of these ends there must be forethought, system, planning, intelligence, and honest purpose, as well as perspiration. Seeming to do is not doing. - Thomas A. Edison

22. There have to be reasons that you get up in the morning and you want to live. Why do you want to live? What's the point? What inspires you? What do you love about the future? If the future does not include being out there among the stars and being a multi-planet species, I find that incredibly depressing. - Elon Musk

23. Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful, that's what matters to me. - Steve Jobs

24. I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do. - Leonardo da Vinci

25. This most beautiful system of the sun, planets, and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being. - Isaac Newton

26. Surround yourself with the best people you can find, delegate authority, and don't interfere as long as the policy you've decided upon is being carried out. - Ronald Reagan

27. Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential. - Bruce Lee

28. Nature doesn't need people - people need nature; nature would survive the extinction of the human being and go on just fine, but human culture, human beings, cannot survive without nature. - Harrison Ford

29. The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. - Rudyard Kipling

30. Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. - Benjamin Franklin

31. Freedom lies in being bold. - Robert Frost

32. Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever you can. As a peacemaker the lawyer has superior opportunity of being a good man. There will still be business enough. - Abraham Lincoln

33. Greatness is not guarding yourself from the people; greatness is being accepted by the people. - Mike Tyson

34. He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat. - Napoleon Bonaparte

35. Do more than you are being paid to do, and you'll eventually be paid more for what you do. - Zig Ziglar

36. Being brilliant is no great feat if you respect nothing. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

37. You cannot be a hero without being a coward. - George Bernard Shaw

38. To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there. - Barbara Bush

39. Don't waste a minute not being happy. If one window closes, run to the next window- or break down a door. - Brooke Shields

40. Safeguarding the rights of others is the most noble and beautiful end of a human being. - Khalil Gibran

41. Nothing can have value without being an object of utility. - Karl Marx

42. I think we're going to the moon because it's in the nature of the human being to face challenges. It's by the nature of his deep inner soul... we're required to do these things just as salmon swim upstream. - Neil Armstrong.

Screen%2BShot%2B2015-01-03%2Bat%2B6.25.16%2BPM.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer