Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-08 16:25:12

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Begun Quotes

Begun Quotes

1. Well begun is half done. - Aristotle

2. Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame. - Benjamin Franklin

3. It is difficult to know at what moment love begins; it is less difficult to know that it has begun. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

4. He who would begun has half done. Dare to be wise; begin. - Horace

5. It took a lot of blood, sweat and tears to get to where we are today, but we have just begun. Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - Barack Obama

6. Therefore, when I considered this carefully, the contempt which I had to fear because of the novelty and apparent absurdity of my view, nearly induced me to abandon utterly the work I had begun. - Nicolaus Copernicus

7. We will not change in matters of policy until such time as dialogue has begun. - Aung San Suu Kyi

8. Each morning sees some task begun, each evening sees it close; Something attempted, something done, has earned a night's repose. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

9. For years, my early work with Roger Penrose seemed to be a disaster for science. It showed that the universe must have begun with a singularity, if Einstein's general theory of relativity is correct. That appeared to indicate that science could not predict how the universe would begin. - Stephen Hawking

10. I've wanted to design golf courses ever since I was a kid. I suppose it comes from the way I've played the game. To find the proper way to play any hole, I've always begun by asking myself what the architect has tried to do with it. - Jack Nicklaus

11. I only live in my music, and I have scarcely begun one thing when I start on another. As I am now working, I am often engaged on three or four things at the same time. - Ludwig van Beethoven

12. I suspect that many corporations have begun to understand that they have an important role to play in the lives of their communities, and that allocating funds to support local groups helps them discharge that function and also burnish their image. - David Rockefeller

13. The vast majority of terrestrial species are in fact microbes, and scientists have only begun scratching the surface of the microbial realm. It is entirely possible that examples of life as we don't know it have so far been overlooked. - Paul Davies

14. My head was in the clouds after 'Bobby,' but my struggle had only begun because at the age of 21, I had become a hero. But then I had realized that I have to keep my feet on ground. - Rishi Kapoor

15. I started playing chess in the Eighties, but it is only recently that people have begun to appreciate the importance of physical exercise for chess players. You really need to be in good condition to be able to sit for four to six hours and still maintain your concentration. - Judit Polgar

16. I'm a vegetarian, but now, on my doctor's orders, I have begun eating egg white. - Zeenat Aman.

began-versus-begun.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer