Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-03 17:52:45

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Been Quotes

Been Quotes

1. Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek. - Barack Obama

2. I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me. - Isaac Newton

3. I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning. - J. B. Priestley

4. I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. - Michael Jordan

5. My husband has quite simply been my strength and stay all these years, and I owe him a debt greater than he would ever claim. - Queen Elizabeth II

6. And ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation. - Khalil Gibran

7. It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues. - Abraham Lincoln

8. It is a bit embarrassing to have been concerned with the human problem all one's life and find at the end that one has no more to offer by way of advice than 'try to be a little kinder.' - Aldous Huxley

9. Believe me, my journey has not been a simple journey of progress. There have been many ups and downs, and it is the choices that I made at each of those times that have helped shape what I have achieved. - Satya Nadella

10. Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all. - Dale Carnegie

11. For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: 'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' And whenever the answer has been 'No' for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something. - Steve Jobs

12. It's been quite a roller coaster ride, but I've grown and learned a lot about myself. The greatest thing is being able to interact with fans and touch people's lives... for that I give thanks. - Christina Aguilera

13. I don't regret what I've been through. I've had ups and downs, super highs and some really low lows. I've been so blessed that I could never say, 'I wish this didn't happen.' It's part of who I am. There's nothing in my life that's so ugh. - Jennifer Lopez

14. There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge. - Isaac Asimov

15. On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. - Charles Babbage

16. The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated. - Mark Twain

17. I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do. - Leonardo da Vinci

18. I cherish my entire life. I've been blessed with a life full of good memories. - Sourav Ganguly

19. No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave. - Calvin Coolidge

20. The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

21. Man's nature is not essentially evil. Brute nature has been known to yield to the influence of love. You must never despair of human nature. - Mahatma Gandhi

22. This life, which had been the tomb of his virtue and of his honour, is but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. - William Shakespeare

23. The ruling ideas of each age have ever been the ideas of its ruling class. - Karl Marx

24. The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is 'What does a woman want?' - Sigmund Freud

25. There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky, which through the summer is not heard or seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been! - Percy Bysshe Shelley

26. What kind of people do they think we are? Is it possible they do not realize that we shall never cease to persevere against them until they have been taught a lesson which they and the world will never forget? - Winston Churchill

27. If you go back a few hundred years, what we take for granted today would seem like magic - being able to talk to people over long distances, to transmit images, flying, accessing vast amounts of data like an oracle. These are all things that would have been considered magic a few hundred years ago. - Elon Musk

28. I've never been cool - and I don't care. - Celine Dion

29. It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this. - Bertrand Russell

30. Almost half of the population of the world lives in rural regions and mostly in a state of poverty. Such inequalities in human development have been one of the primary reasons for unrest and, in some parts of the world, even violence. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

31. Has this world been so kind to you that you should leave with regret? There are better things ahead than any we leave behind. - C. S. Lewis

32. Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them. - James Baldwin

33. It's always been the most important thing for me to enjoy my cricket. - AB de Villiers

34. One never notices what has been done; one can only see what remains to be done. - Marie Curie

35. What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have never been discovered. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

36. Competition has been shown to be useful up to a certain point and no further, but cooperation, which is the thing we must strive for today, begins where competition leaves off. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

37. He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice. - Albert Einstein

38. You all look like happy campers to me. Happy campers you are, happy campers you have been, and, as far as I am concerned, happy campers you will always be. - Dan Quayle

39. The best thinking has been done in solitude. The worst has been done in turmoil. - Thomas A. Edison

40. Even when laws have been written down, they ought not always to remain unaltered. - Aristotle

41. Beauty is a manifestation of secret natural laws, which otherwise would have been hidden from us forever. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

42. I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing. - Agatha Christie.

vs-been-being-example_0066f46bde.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer