Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-26 22:04:35

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Beast and Beasts Quotes

Beast and Beasts Quotes

1. Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a god. - Aristotle

2. Finds progress, man's distinctive mark alone, Not God's, and not the beast's; God is, they are, Man partly is, and wholly hopes to be. - Robert Browning

3. I think the healthy way to live is to make friends with the beast inside oneself, and that means not the beast but the shadow. The dark side of one's nature. Have fun with it and you know, is to accept everything about ourselves. - Anthony Hopkins

4. I go on The Daily Beast. The Daily Beast is one of the websites that I check out. - Matthew McConaughey

5. Secrets of the past! Who does not wish to keep the past locked in a cage like a ferocious beast? The rich are sleepless for fear of thieves. The respectable have to guard their reputations in the same way. - Munshi Premchand

6. Success is a beast. And it actually puts the emphasis on the wrong thing. You get away with more instead of looking within. - Brad Pitt

7. Dialect words are those terrible marks of the beast to the truly genteel. - Thomas Hardy

8. He who is unable to live in society, or who has no need because he is sufficient for himself, must be either a beast or a god. - Aristotle

9. The public is a ferocious beast; one must either chain it or flee from it. - Voltaire

10. Some people are surprised that the Republicans are waging a war on women, or that they voted against equal pay for women. I'm not surprised at all. In some ways, it may be a good thing. They're defending the patriarchy, which is a wounded beast! And wounded beasts are always dangerous. - Jane Fonda

11. Racism, xenophobia and unfair discrimination have spawned slavery, when human beings have bought and sold and owned and branded fellow human beings as if they were so many beasts of burden. - Desmond Tutu

12. The ancient Romans built their greatest masterpieces of architecture, their amphitheaters, for wild beasts to fight in. - Voltaire

13. I will far rather see the race of man extinct than that we should become less than beasts by making the noblest of God's creation, woman, the object of our lust. - Mahatma Gandhi

14. Better to have beasts that let themselves be killed than men who run away. - Jean-Paul Sartre

15. God made and governs the world invisibly, and has commanded us to love and worship him and no other God; to honor our parents and masters, and love our neighbours as ourselves; and to be temperate, just, and peaceable, and to be merciful even to brute beasts. - Isaac Newton

16. Human brutes, like other beasts, find snares and poison in the provision of life, and are allured by their appetites to their destruction. - Jonathan Swift.

beauty_the_beast_2.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer