Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-19 16:36:59

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Battlefield, Battling, and Battalions Quotes

Battlefield, Battling, Battalions Quotes

1. The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies. - Napoleon Bonaparte

2. Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think hard before starting a war. - Otto von Bismarck

3. The mystic cords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone, all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the angels of our nature. - Abraham Lincoln

4. The most terrible job in warfare is to be a second lieutenant leading a platoon when you are on the battlefield. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

5. Throughout my career, I learned plenty about war on the battlefield, but I learned even more about the importance of finding peace. And that is what the State Department and U.S.A.I.D. do: prevent the wars that we can avoid so that we fight only the ones we must. - Colin Powell

6. We all live in this little bubble that we just expect to live forever and I think those of us that have been with people battling cancer, you realise, actually, this surrounds us everywhere we go. - Andrew Strauss

7. When I reached America, there was so much space and colour. The possibilities seemed endless. At least that's how I felt at 18. But of course, I didn't have to take the usual immigrant route of battling to find a job and a home in a strange country. I could play tennis. I spoke the language, and I was making money. It was easy, really. - Martina Navratilova

8. There is nothing more exciting in sport when the top two countries in the world are battling for the Ashes. - Ian Botham

9. When sorrows come, they come not single spies, but in battalions. - William Shakespeare

10. God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best. - Voltaire.

us_army_museum_0074.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer