Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-11 17:15:31

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Bargain and Barrel Quotes

Bargain and Barrel Quotes

1. Necessity never made a good bargain. - Benjamin Franklin

2. There is no victory at bargain basement prices. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

3. Man is an animal that makes bargains: no other animal does this - no dog exchanges bones with another. - Adam Smith

4. Economic medicine that was previously meted out by the cupful has recently been dispensed by the barrel. These once unthinkable dosages will almost certainly bring on unwelcome after-effects. Their precise nature is anyone's guess, though one likely consequence is an onslaught of inflation. - Warren Buffett

5. Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel. - Mark Twain

6. People assume I'm out there having this great life, but money doesn't erase the pain. When you're young you barrel through life, making choices without thinking of repercussions. A few years down the line, you wake up in a certain place and wonder how the hell you got there. - Jennifer Lopez

7. I do condition my hair with honey and beer. I smell like the bottom of a beer barrel for days afterwards, but it's very good for the hair. - Catherine Zeta-Jones.

22-containers-228-carboys-jugs-23l-6-gal-hungarian-oak-barrel-1_300x300.jpeg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer