Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-06 16:09:34

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Ball Quotes

Ball Quotes

1. I've got a pen and I've got a phone - and I can use that pen to sign executive orders and take executive actions and administrative actions that move the ball forward. - Barack Obama

2. Nothing is easy in cricket. Maybe when you watch it on TV, it looks easy. But it is not. You have to use your brain and time the ball. - Rohit Sharma

3. Be bold. If you're going to make an error, make a doozy, and don't be afraid to hit the ball. - Billie Jean King

4. What most people know but don't realize they know is that the world is almost entirely solar-powered already. If the sun wasn't there, we'd be a frozen ice ball at three degrees Kelvin, and the sun powers the entire system of precipitation. The whole ecosystem is solar-powered. - Elon Musk

5. The tennis ball doesn't know how old I am. The ball doesn't know if I'm a man or a woman or if I come from a communist country or not. Sport has always broken down these barriers. - Martina Navratilova

6. Golf... is the infallible test. The man who can go into a patch of rough alone, with the knowledge that only God is watching him, and play his ball where it lies, is the man who will serve you faithfully and well. - P. G. Wodehouse

7. Golf is a game in which one endeavors to control a ball with implements ill adapted for the purpose. Woodrow Wilson

8. Life is much like batting, treating every ball on merit. - Ravi Shastri

9. Happiness is a ball after which we run wherever it rolls, and we push it with our feet when it stops. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

10. I can't speak for the future. I have no crystal ball. - Michael Jordan

11. Small miseries, like small debts, hit us in so many places, and meet us at so many turns and corners, that what they want in weight, they make up in number, and render it less hazardous to stand the fire of one cannon ball, than a volley composed of such a shower of bullets. - Rudyard Kipling

12. I don't believe in luck. Not in golf, anyway. There are good bounces and bad bounces, sure, but the ball is round and so is the hole. If you find yourself in a position where you hope for luck to pull you through, you're in serious trouble. - Jack Nicklaus

13. Properly, we should read for power. Man reading should be man intensely alive. The book should be a ball of light in one's hand. - Ezra Pound

14. Things slow down, the ball seems a lot bigger and you feel like you have more time. Everything computes - you have options, but you always take the right one. - John McEnroe

15. On the tennis court, one needs a cool temperament, tremendous ball sense, reflexes, speed, hand-eye co-ordination, power, timing and peak physical fitness. Off the court, the player and support team need skills in planning, execution, travel, an ability to raise funds when needed, and several other talents. - Sania Mirza

16. I don't care who you are, you're going to choke in certain matches. You get to a point where your legs don't move and you can't take a deep breath. You start to hit the ball about a yard wide, instead of inches. - Arthur Ashe

17. My batting mentality is to see the ball and hit it. I don't know what bowlers see while batting. - Smriti Mandhana

18. I just keep it simple. Watch the ball and play it on merit. - Sachin Tendulkar

19. I didn't have a problem with rejection, because when you go into an audition, you're rejected already. There are hundreds of other actors. You're behind the eight ball when you go in there. - Robert De Niro

20. I love Messi with the ball at his feet: he scores goals and does all the rest, too. But Cristiano's numbers can't be ignored. It's a cruel comparison. Both of them deserve respect. - Ronaldo

21. I always had boyfriends, but I never imagined a proposal or a wedding. To me, that was like having a ball and chain round your neck. - Sandra Bullock

22. Thus so wretched is man that he would weary even without any cause for weariness... and so frivolous is he that, though full of a thousand reasons for weariness, the least thing, such as playing billiards or hitting a ball, is sufficient enough to amuse him. - Blaise Pascal

23. Some people, through luck and skill, end up with a lot of assets. If you're good at kicking a ball, writing software, investing in stocks, it pays extremely well. - Bill Gates

24. You must respect people and work hard to be in shape. And I used to train very hard. When the others players went to the beach after training, I was there kicking the ball. - Pele

25. We are over 60 percent water by weight. We're just a big ball of... blob of water, with enough organic thickener added so we don't dribble away on the floor. - David Suzuki

26. Light and funny has a more compelling quality when you're younger. But I haven't abandoned the genre: I love falling down; I love Lucille Ball. It's just that a lot of those stories revolve around problems that I can't convincingly portray at this age. - Julia Roberts

27. It will always be the ball and me. - Tiger Woods

28. Unless someone wants to look funny, I'll not recommend anyone to copy my bowling action. But on a serious note, with the confidence that I have got from the amount of runs I have been scoring, when I'm thrown the ball to bowl, I am pretty sure of what I have to do. I may not be the most attractive to watch while bowling, but I can be effective. - Virat Kohli

29. To me, Shane Warne is a great turner of the ball. I like his aggressive attitude, I love the way he attacks batsmen, and I give him 100 per cent for that, as not enough spinners bowl with that approach, but in my estimation, Subhash Gupte was a better leg-spinner. - Garfield Sobers

30. I love to score runs rather than defending or leaving the ball. That is an important aspect of my batting: I don't want to waste balls in any form of the game. - Virender Sehwag

31. Because in order to beat Jimmy, I had to get around the ball a little bit quicker so I wasn't always on defensive and catching the ball on last stride, that I had little more time. Once I was able to get little bit quicker, then it has helped me a lot. - Ivan Lendl

32. I use a ball pen because fountain pens are clumsy, and I get ink all over my fingers by the time I finish with it. - Ruskin Bond

33. The slow-motion replay doesn't show how fast the ball was really travelling. - Richie Benaud

34. The first thing is to be patient, which is probably the hardest thing to do. Don't worry if blokes are whacking you out of the park because you still have the opportunity to get him out next ball, even if it's not the same ball. - Shane Warne

35. It's not really part of the game to say, 'Oh, it's a batter's game; it's a batter's game' - I don't know why it goes on. It's a beautiful game that's greatly competitive between bat and ball. - AB de Villiers

36. I always look to perform with the bat and the ball and do good for my team. - Ben Stokes.

set-sport-balls-isolated-vector_109722-206.jpg?w=826

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer