Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-30 17:28:00

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Backgrounds Quotes

Backgrounds Quotes

1. We are a country where people of all backgrounds, all nations of origin, all languages, all religions, all races, can make a home. America was built by immigrants. - Hillary Clinton

2. However my parents - both of whom came from impoverished backgrounds and neither of whom had been to college, took the view that my overactive imagination was an amusing quirk that would never pay a mortgage or secure a pension. - J. K. Rowling

3. Bias has to be taught. If you hear your parents downgrading women or people of different backgrounds, why, you are going to do that. - Barbara Bush

4. Most people would accept that people come to London from across the world, from all kinds of backgrounds, and are accepted here irrespective of their origins. - Boris Johnson

5. Social entrepreneurs come from different backgrounds and are by and large, starved of capital. Such socialpreneurs must have extraordinary passion to follow their dreams. - Sudha Murty

6. Whatever we do, whatever our backgrounds, we've all had some kind of advantage somewhere along the way. Some break that might have gone to someone else. Some edge or inside track we couldn't have counted on. - Ivanka Trump

7. Talent and effort, combined with our various backgrounds and life experiences, has always been the lifeblood of our singular American genius. - Michelle Obama

8. My parents came from lower-class British backgrounds. But they worked hard and, without formal education, made it where they are today. - Amy Jackson

9. Someone who'll bring some normalcy into my life and help me stay in touch with reality. That is something I'm curious about. There are so many actors who are married to people from non-film backgrounds, and their marriages are successful. I'm tired of dating actresses. - Shahid Kapoor

10. There is no reason why cricket shouldn't be the number one alternative to football. And at a time when there are obvious divisions in society, cricket has a great role to play in bringing people together from all sorts of diverse backgrounds and faiths. - Andrew Strauss.

hand-painted-watercolor-abstract-watercolor-background_23-2149005675.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer