Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-19 17:24:01

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Awareness Quotes

Awareness Quotes

1. The ultimate value of life depends upon awareness and the power of contemplation rather than upon mere survival. - Aristotle

2. Every human has four endowments - self awareness, conscience, independent will and creative imagination. These give us the ultimate human freedom... The power to choose, to respond, to change. - Stephen Covey

3. The key to growth is the introduction of higher dimensions of consciousness into our awareness. - Lao Tzu

4. Change is certain. Peace is followed by disturbances; departure of evil men by their return. Such recurrences should not constitute occasions for sadness but realities for awareness, so that one may be happy in the interim. - Percy Bysshe Shelley

5. Raising awareness on the most pressing environmental issues of our time is more important than ever. - Leonardo DiCaprio

6. I feel like the thing we can do is celebrate people doing great work and create more cultural momentum and awareness that this is an important thing in the world. So when the next economic crisis hits and people are talking about where to cut from the budget, science isn't the thing. - Mark Zuckerberg

7. Whether you call it Buddhism or another religion, self-discipline, that's important. Self-discipline with awareness of consequences. - Dalai Lama

8. China's republican politics is like a child who just started schooling. He must have a good teacher and be surrounded by good friends. By the same token, the Chinese people, new to the republican politics, must be educated properly. The revolutionary government should be the people's tutor to impart advanced awareness and experience. - Sun Yat-sen

9. Awareness is key. In the absence of information, none of us know what is happening and what could be jeopardizing our health, our water supply, and our planet. - Erin Brockovich

10. In the 21st century, I believe the mission of the United Nations will be defined by a new, more profound awareness of the sanctity and dignity of every human life, regardless of race or religion. - Kofi Annan

11. Might we... be doing something with our brains that cannot be described in computational terms at all? How do our feelings of conscious awareness - of happiness, pain, love, aesthetic sensibility, will, understanding, etc. - fit into such a computational picture? - Roger Penrose

12. I have more awareness of other people and, I hope, more sensitivity to their needs. I also find that I'm more direct and outspoken. - Christopher Reeve

13. Dowry is still pervasive and spreading like cancer in the society. Apart from legal sanctions, there should be more social awareness on the issue so that people start to practice what they preach. - Sheikh Hasina

14. People talk about physical fitness, but mental health is equally important. I see people suffering, and their families feel a sense of shame about it, which doesn't help. One needs support and understanding. I am now working on an initiative to create awareness about anxiety and depression and help people. - Deepika Padukone

15. I want to make all kinds of movies. I do want to make big movies that are a lot of fun to go to, but I also want to make movies that are going to stimulate some thought and maybe raise some awareness. - Nicolas Cage

16. Our firm conviction that ours is a just cause and that we must find a peaceful way to attain our goals gave us the strength and the awareness of the limits beyond which we must not go. - Lech Walesa

17. Throughout my life, I always remember that consideration of people who were less fortunate than we. We lived in an atmosphere of awareness, and we certainly did not live a life whereby we ignored, or felt that we could ignore, that which was in evidence around us. - Richard Attenborough

18. Diabetes is a silent killer and awareness about the same is certainly lacking, hence I felt there was a need for me to get involved and assist in creating the required awareness. - Anil Kumble.

selfawareness.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer