Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-17 17:41:18

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Awards Quotes

Awards Quotes

1. To those of you who received honours, awards and distinctions, I say well done. And to the C students, I say you, too, can be president of the United States. - George W. Bush

2. Awards become corroded, friends gather no dust. - Jesse Owens

3. To refuse awards is another way of accepting them with more noise than is normal. - Mark Twain

4. You don't learn from successes; you don't learn from awards; you don't learn from celebrity; you only learn from wounds and scars and mistakes and failures. And that's the truth. - Jane Fonda

5. I prefer to win titles with the team ahead of individual awards or scoring more goals than anyone else. I'm more worried about being a good person than being the best football player in the world. When all this is over, what are you left with? When I retire, I hope I am remembered for being a decent guy. - Lionel Messi

6. People should be encouraged by things like awards given for corporate governance practices. - Adi Godrej

7. Since childhood, I have been watching the Filmfare Awards, and it has always been very special to anyone who works in the film industry. - Dhanush

8. I have two Golden Boot awards at home. It would be nice to win another, but I wouldn't mind it if I didn't. - Cristiano Ronaldo

9. For me, awards are a token of respect that people are giving me. So no matter how many awards I am receiving, I always feel emotional. - Lata Mangeshkar

10. I have won many awards and I am very happy about this, but I am not the best player in the world. - Zinedine Zidane

11. Awards are great, as you get to meet up with friends and colleagues from your industry - a sort of reunion. - Penelope Cruz

12. I believe in an artiste's life, there are two kinds of awards - first is the appreciation and good wishes he or she gets for his work from the audience and secondly, the recognition in the form of awards. - Sharmila Tagore

13. My friend Quincy Jones says we won our first Grammys together in 1963. I have no recollection. I don't even remember the room. When he showed me the picture, I remembered what I wore. But it's like awards don't mean anything. - Barbra Streisand

14. I have won many awards for my singing, and I have sung in 8 languages. - Chinmayi

15. I win my awards at the box office. - Cecil B. DeMille

16. I've done 480-odd films, have my own acting school, won awards, etc. and now host a successful TV chat show - what else can I ask for? Yes, of course, every journey has its ups and downs, but that's part of life. - Anupam Kher

17. I never wore glasses except when I had to read a teleprompter at an awards show or drive, so I didn't notice much. I could exist in my head. It was kind of my escape from the world and my protection. - Nicole Kidman

18. I compose music for films, and by the grace of God, I've got a few awards. That's it. - A. R. Rahman

19. So how critics will perceive your film or your work, or whether your movie is going to make $100 million at the box office, or whether you are going to be winning any awards - well, you have no control over that. - Charlize Theron

20. The success of a film at the box office will ensure happiness to the entire unit, but individual awards are like vitamin shots that will help boost the morale of an actor. - Akkineni Nagarjuna

21. For me, acting is not a job. It is something I love. I don't do these things for awards or rewards. I do them because I love challenges. - Aamir Khan

22. The last thing I want is to walk into my house after a long day and see all the Grammys and awards. It would make me feel weird. - Alicia Keys

23. Now, there are so many movies, so many festivals, and so many awards going on, each judged with each other, like your work is worse than others and that's not fair. How can you tell what's best and what's worst from these awards? We're talking about art. - Javier Bardem

24. Taking up the choreography for an awards night is completely different from choreographing a song for a film. - Prabhu Deva

25. It's nice to have awards from time to time. There was a time when I had to make a living from my writing, and it wasn't always easy. I value awards a lot - and more so if there is a little cash with them! - Ruskin Bond

26. It is kind of nice for when people appreciate what you have done, but I would not base my career on awards because they are mostly popular awards and not talent-oriented awards. - Raveena Tandon

27. Everybody knows Milkha deserves more than a Padma Shri, but it is for others, including the federation, to nominate me to the government for higher awards. - Milkha Singh

28. I have won so many awards including the Padma Shri and Arjuna Award. But all these awards do not carry the kind of prestige they did once. - P. T. Usha.

oscar-clipart-2018-33.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer