Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-16 17:27:49

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Awaken, Awakening, and Award Quotes

Awaken, Awakening, and Award Quotes

1. It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge. - Albert Einstein

2. If I were to awaken after having slept for a thousand years, my first question would be: Has the Riemann hypothesis been proven? - David Hilbert

3. If they are really persuaded that the army is annually established by me, that I have the sole disposal of posts and honours, that I employ this power in the destruction of liberty and the diminution of commerce, let me awaken them from their delusion. - Robert Walpole

4. You can have a spiritual awakening and discover a new side of you at any age. And best of all, love can happen at any age. Life can just start to get exciting when you're in your 40s and 50s. You have to believe that. - Salma Hayek

5. When I moved to England, at 19, I had a rude awakening. I knew it would be chilly but when I saw leaves falling off the trees I thought someone had dropped a nuclear something! - Viv Richards

6. The awakening of the people of China to the possibilities under free government is the most significant, if not the most momentous, event of our generation. - Woodrow Wilson

7. When I was eight, I would look at the cover of the 'Ghost Rider' comic book in my little home in Long Beach, California, and I couldn't get my head around how something that scary could also be good. To me it was my first philosophical awakening - 'How is this possible, this duality?' - Nicolas Cage

8. It doesn't matter how many times you win an award, it is always very special. - Zinedine Zidane

9. When I receive an award it gives me more encouragement, hope and drive to go forward with my voice to sing better and better. - Kumar Sanu

10. An award means a lot to me. It brings happiness along with a kind of fear. It brings fear because the award is the responsibility which audiences have put on us. So a singer winning an award should always try to give best of him to the audiences. - Shreya Ghoshal

11. I had a period when I was sixteen where I started to get a big head. I was going through puberty, and I was nominated for an Academy Award. My head got inflated. My friends were the real ones who said, 'You're acting different.' But the truth is that I don't need that, because I don't get out of hand. - Leonardo DiCaprio

12. There's a lot of great movies that have won the Academy Award, and a lot of great movies that haven't. You just do the best you can. - Clint Eastwood

13. I was the first Indian music composer to win the China Gold Award for 'Jimmy Jimmy' from 'Disco Dancer.' Adam Sandler repeated the song in his film 'Zohan.' 'Disco Dancer' is historical, as are 'Sharaabi' and 'Namak Halal.' - Bappi Lahiri

14. This award is meaningful because it comes from my fellow dealers in celluloid. - Alfred Hitchcock

15. My biggest achievement more than any award is contributing in a winning cause for my team. - Ravindra Jadeja

16. Before 'Titanic,' yes, I had done some things and, yes, I had been nominated for an Academy Award, but I had never been sort of world-famous. And I suppose, yes, I am really famous now. But I feel embarrassed to say that because it's just a bit daft for me. - Kate Winslet

17. Nothing gives me more pleasure than acting. But I don't enjoy going for award functions or giving interviews. - Anushka Sharma

18. Some people work hard in this business and become really popular, really big stars but they never receive an award from within the business. Somehow, when your colleagues and friends believe in you to the point of handing you an award it means so much more. - Sharon Stone

19. There are some people who feel that they deserve a particular award or recognition, but I don't fall in that category. - Mithali Raj

20. When I recieved the Padmabhushan it was a happy moment no doubt, but it was not something I sought desperately to win. I never worked towards the award. - K. J. Yesudas

21. I've been anchoring corporate events, award shows and cricket tournaments for so many years now that they have become an integral part of my life. - Mandira Bedi

22. Everything in my life boils down to my mother. A tradition, which a lot of people do not know of, is that while I'd give my father the money I earned, anything that was special to me - like an award or an album - would be given to my mother. - Sonu Nigam

23. I haven't experienced college life. It's the phase that my character in 'Raanjhana' is set in. But it isn't that bad, either. I have nearly 30 films behind me and a National Award to boot. - Dhanush

24. The award is important in order to bring people to the movie theater. That's the only principle meaning of any award. - Javier Bardem

25. I won the national award for the best music composer and also had the fortune of scoring music for songs penned by M. Karunanidhi for the movie 'Pasakiligal.' - Vidyasagar

26. Actually, nobody has ever given me an award, and also, it's not really important in my life. I go to these award shows for meeting my friends. - R. Madhavan

27. Awards have lost their charm. The experience of getting an award has completely dissolved. Awards functions start in December and go on till April and are distributed for anything and everything. Categories like Best Jodi, Best Dressed Celebrity are all redundant. - Waheeda Rehman

28. That's always - that's been another dream of mine, to do a Broadway play. An award winning Broadway play. - Janet Jackson

29. The song 'Bolo Naa' from the film 'Chittagong,' which got me the National Award, wasn't even promoted in India, whereas the film won laurels all over the world. - Shankar Mahadevan

30. If you have won a national award, it means you have done something great. Remo D'Souza

31. I never knew I'd be in a musical, let alone win an award for one. - Nicole Kidman

32. In India I've been to all the award functions, but that was in Hindi; now it's in English so it's a much bigger scale. - Anil Kapoor

33. After I did 'Broadcast News' and got an Academy Award nomination, the first thing I did was 'Roe vs. Wade' at NBC. - Holly Hunter

34. I was 18 when I was presented with the Arjuna Award. To say it feels really good would be an understatement. But I don't know how else to convey the feeling. I am grateful for having received this prestigious award at such a young age. - P. V. Sindhu

35. I have never clamored for an award and have quietly done my work over the years and have been as selective as possible. - Deepti Naval

36. I am happy with the Padma Shri. What difference does it make to me if I am now given a higher Padma Award? - Milkha Singh.

award-768x768.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer