Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-12 00:05:01

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Astonish, Astonished, Astonishing, and Astonishment Quotes

Astonish, Astonished, Astonishing, and Astonishment Quotes

1. Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain

2. It would astonish if not amuse the older citizens to learn that I (a strange, friendless, uneducated, penniless boy, working at ten dollars per month) have been put down as the candidate of pride, wealth, and aristocratic family distinction. - Abraham Lincoln

3. I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion - I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more - I could be martyred for my religion - Love is my religion - I could die for that. - John Keats

4. When we see a natural style, we are astonished and charmed; for we expected to see an author, and we find a person. - Blaise Pascal

5. I was so astonished that another had penetrated so deeply into the secrets of my soul, and that he knew what I did not know myself, that when I recovered from it he had already been long upon the street. - Max Muller

6. Isn't it astonishing that all these secrets have been preserved for so many years just so we could discover them! - Orville Wright

7. It is astonishing what an effort it seems to be for many people to put their brains definitely and systematically to work. - Thomas A. Edison

8. I have been trying to point out that in our lives chance may have an astonishing influence and, if I may offer advice to the young laboratory worker, it would be this - never to neglect an extraordinary appearance or happening. - Alexander Fleming

9. I committed to directing 'Catch Me If You Can' not because of the divorce component, but principally because Frank Abagnale did things that were the most astonishing scams I had ever heard. - Steven Spielberg

10. I realised a little bit to my astonishment that I can give a lecture for a thousand people, and there will be this tumultuous applause, so, you know, I have the feeling well, it can't be all that bad. - Edmund Hillary

11. Little by little, not without astonishment, I rediscovered the great names of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, who had been the master thinkers of my grandfather and other Mexican liberals. They did no offer me a doctrine or a catechism: they were and they are a source, an inspiration. - Octavio Paz

12. Anthropology demands the open-mindedness with which one must look and listen, record in astonishment and wonder that which one would not have been able to guess. - Margaret Mead.

UMN73PK75GQQSK6SFPGID3O3N4.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer