Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-09 17:39:08

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Assume Quotes

Assume Quotes

1. To be sure I must; and therefore I may assume that your silence gives consent. - Plato

2. Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness. - George Orwell

3. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force... We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter. - Max Planck

4. It is wrong to assume that men of immense wealth are always happy. - John D. Rockefeller

5. People assume I'm out there having this great life, but money doesn't erase the pain. When you're young you barrel through life, making choices without thinking of repercussions. A few years down the line, you wake up in a certain place and wonder how the hell you got there. - Jennifer Lopez

6. When you assume negative intent, you're angry. If you take away that anger and assume positive intent, you will be amazed. Your emotional quotient goes up because you are no longer almost random in your response. - Indra Nooyi

7. When a man assumes a public trust he should consider himself a public property. - Thomas Jefferson

8. There are events which are so great that if a writer has participated in them his obligation is to write truly rather than assume the presumption of altering them with invention. - Ernest Hemingway

9. I go to assume a task more difficult than that which devolved upon Washington. Unless the great God, who assisted him, shall be with me and aid me, I must fail; but if the same omniscient mind and almighty arm that directed and protected him shall guide and support me, I shall not fail - I shall succeed. - Abraham Lincoln

10. War on the other hand is such a terrible thing, that no man, especially a Christian man, has the right to assume the responsibility of starting it. - Leo Tolstoy

11. Globalisation means many other countries are asserting themselves and trying to take over leadership. Please don't ask Americans to let others assume the leadership of human exploration. We can do wonderful science on the Moon, and wonderful commercial things. Then we can pack up and move on to Mars. - Buzz Aldrin

12. Whatever be the qualities of the man with whom a woman is united according to the law, such qualities even she assumes, like a river, united with the ocean. - Guru Nanak

13. People just assume, over the years, that soccer players are not too intelligent. As with most assumptions, they're wrong. - David Beckham

14. I don't mind being called Maddy at all, but I mind the closeness that you assume you get by calling me by my pet name. So merely by calling me Maddy, I don't give you the authority to come and put your hand around my shoulder. - R. Madhavan

15. A task becomes a duty from the moment you suspect it to be an essential part of that integrity which alone entitles a man to assume responsibility. - Dag Hammarskjold

16. People assume I work hard on my body, but I honestly don't. - Monica Bellucci

17. A lot of people assume that creating software is purely a solitary activity where you sit in an office with the door closed all day and write lots of code. - Bill Gates

18. We have no right to assume that any physical laws exist, or if they have existed up until now, that they will continue to exist in a similar manner in the future. - Max Planck

19. Once serious political dialogue has begun, the international community can assume that we have achieved genuine progress along the road to real democratisation. - Aung San Suu Kyi

20. We assume that we've come so far as compassionate citizens of the world if we do choose to read the news, yet the attitude towards life can be one where we put blinders on and forget that there are civil wars going on. It's easy to forget that there are so many people starving to death every single day. - Anne Hathaway

21. I've always thought of myself as a role model even before being a 'celebrity.' I've always been doing charity work and volunteering in the community since I was 8, so when you do that, I think you just assume that role when you put yourself out there. - Eva Longoria

22. I am strong-willed, which can be annoying sometimes. And from that I think people assume I have confidence and Hollywood glamour and all that stuff, when actually, in my personal life, sometimes I'm just a goofball. - Catherine Zeta-Jones

23. I think the depth, what children can handle and what they're interested in, is much deeper than I think what people assume. I think it's why sometimes we make things too simple for them. - Angelina Jolie

24. Nobody really knows everything, and they can only assume. - Selena Gomez

25. After I turned producer, people asked me, 'Why are you taking up production? You are still so young and doing well.' Just because an actress decides to make movies, do people assume that her career is not going well? - Anushka Sharma.

bigstock-Guess-and-related-words-in-tho-73810540-e1456269956530.jpg?resize=400%2C300&ssl=1

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer