Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-16 16:28:09

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Appetite Quotes

Appetite Quotes

1. Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

2. When you do something with a lot of honesty, appetite and commitment, the input reflects in the output. - A. R. Rahman

3. I only go out to get me a fresh appetite for being alone. - Lord Byron

4. We have a big appetite for putting people down but, at the heart of everyone, there's enough room for all of us to succeed. - Matthew McConaughey

5. The hunger to win must not die... The appetite has to remain big. - Kapil Dev

6. The public has an appetite for anything about imagination - anything that is as far away from reality as is creatively possible. - Steven Spielberg

7. One sits the whole day at the desk and appetite is standing next to me. 'Away with you', I say. But Comrade Appetite does not budge from the spot. - Leonid I. Brezhnev

8. Human brutes, like other beasts, find snares and poison in the provision of life, and are allured by their appetites to their destruction. - Jonathan Swift

9. We continue to recognize the greater ability of some to earn more than others. But we do assert that the ambition of the individual to obtain for him a proper security is an ambition to be preferred to the appetite for great wealth and great power. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

10. Love, in the eyes of the world, is either a carnal appetite or a vague fancy, which possession extinguishes or absence destroys. That is why it is commonly said, with a strange abuse of words, that passion does not endure. - Victor Hugo

11. People do connect me with James Bond simply because I happen to like scrambled eggs and short-sleeved shirts and some of the things that James Bond does, but I certainly haven't got his guts nor his very lively appetites. - Ian Fleming

12. It is true I gained muscular vigour, but with it a prodigious appetite, which I was compelled to indulge, and consequently increased in weight, until my kind old friend advised me to forsake the exercise. - William Banting

13. I eat like a horse - my mother still brings me Cadbury's chocolate from Britain; I do have a very healthy appetite - but I work out. - Catherine Zeta-Jones

14. There are more humans than all of the rabbits on earth. There are more of us than all the wildebeests, than all the rats, than all the mice. We are the most numerous mammal on the planet. But because we're not like rabbits or rats or mice, we have technology, we have a consumptive appetite, we have a global economy. - David Suzuki

Stocksy_txp7f60fcc43z9300_Small_2363416.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer