Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-15 17:36:02

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Appear Quotes

Appear Quotes

1. I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me. - Isaac Newton

2. If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite. - William Blake

3. The way to gain a good reputation is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear. - Socrates

4. There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread. - Mahatma Gandhi

5. Poetry should surprise by a fine excess and not by singularity, it should strike the reader as a wording of his own highest thoughts, and appear almost a remembrance. - John Keats

6. All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit. - Thomas Paine

7. I believe alien life is quite common in the universe, although intelligent life is less so. Some say it has yet to appear on planet Earth. - Stephen Hawking

8. If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

9. The human being is a self-propelled automaton entirely under the control of external influences. Willful and predetermined though they appear, his actions are governed not from within, but from without. He is like a float tossed about by the waves of a turbulent sea. - Nikola Tesla

10. The most virtuous are those who content themselves with being virtuous without seeking to appear so. - Plato

11. It would appear that we have reached the limits of what it is possible to achieve with computer technology, although one should be careful with such statements, as they tend to sound pretty silly in 5 years. - John von Neumann

12. For this purpose I determined to keep an account of the voyage, and to write down punctually every thing we performed or saw from day to day, as will hereafter appear. - Christopher  Columbus

13. True friends appear less moved than counterfeit. - Homer

14. If one could conclude as to the nature of the Creator from a study of his creation it would appear that God has a special fondness for stars and beetles. - John B. S. Haldane

15. There is no object so large but that at a great distance from the eye it does not appear smaller than a smaller object near. - Leonardo da Vinci

16. Talk of the devil, and his horns appear. - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

17. Let us give publicity to H.I.V./AIDS and not hide it, because the only way to make it appear like a normal illness like TB, like cancer, is always to come out and say somebody has died because of H.I.V./AIDS, and people will stop regarding it as something extraordinary. - Nelson Mandela

18. The soul is placed in the body like a rough diamond, and must be polished, or the luster of it will never appear. - Daniel Defoe

19. Scientific views end in awe and mystery, lost at the edge in uncertainty, but they appear to be so deep and so impressive that the theory that it is all arranged as a stage for God to watch man's struggle for good and evil seems inadequate. - Richard P. Feynman

20. No matter how correct a mathematical theorem may appear to be, one ought never to be satisfied that there was not something imperfect about it until it also gives the impression of being beautiful. - George Boole

21. The idea of reverence for God is transmitted from parent to child, it is educated into an abnormal development, and thus almost indefinitely strengthened, but yet it does appear to me that the bent to worship is an integral part of man's nature. - Annie Besant

22. For since the fabric of the universe is most perfect and the work of a most wise Creator, nothing at all takes place in the universe in which some rule of maximum or minimum does not appear. - Leonhard Euler

23. We are moving towards a world that is reordering itself and that may appear more ordered at some periods of time, but I see no sign that we are moving towards a world order in my definition of it - namely, a system which is accepted, which is internalized by the majority of the key participants. - Henry Kissinger

24. Never invoke the gods unless you really want them to appear. It annoys them very much. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

25. All my pictures are built around the idea of getting in trouble and so giving me the chance to be desperately serious in my attempt to appear as a normal little gentleman. - Charlie Chaplin

26. Poetry should... should strike the reader as a wording of his own highest thoughts, and appear almost a remembrance. - John Keats

27. I have always observed that to succeed in the world one should appear like a fool but be wise. - Montesquieu

28. Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position. - Mahatma Gandhi

29. The world is seldom what it seems; to man, who dimly sees, realities appear as dreams, and dreams realities. - Samuel Johnson

30. The leader of genius must have the ability to make different opponents appear as if they belonged to one category. - Adolf Hitler

31. It takes these very simple-minded instructions - 'Go fetch a number, add it to this number, put the result there, perceive if it's greater than this other number' - but executes them at a rate of, let's say, 1,000,000 per second. At 1,000,000 per second, the results appear to be magic. - Steve Jobs.

32. To an observer situated on the moon or on one of the planets, the most noticeable feature on the surface of our globe would no doubt be the large areas covered by oceanic water. The sunlit face of the earth would appear to shine by the light diffused back into space from the land and water-covered areas. - C. V. Raman

33. However strong, however imposing a ship may appear, it is not 'disgraced' because it flies before the tempest. A commander ought always to remember that a man's life is worth more than the mere satisfaction of his own pride. In any case, to be obstinate is blameable, and to be wilful is dangerous. - Jules Verne

34. It always seems odd to me that the fundamental laws of physics, when discovered, can appear in so many different forms that are not apparently identical at first, but, with a little mathematical fiddling, you can show the relationship. - Richard P. Feynman

35. Stars appear as pin-points of light. They don't twinkle there as they do when we see them from earth because the atmospheric blanket is not there. - Rakesh Sharma

36. Do yoga and exercises daily even if it is for a few minutes only and results would appear in a few days only. Milkha Singh.

cartoon-strong-genie-isolated-white-background_29190-4295.jpg?w=360

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer