Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-03 17:47:36

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Argue Quotes

Argue Quotes

1. To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture. - Thomas Paine

2. When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When you have neither, holler. - Al Gore

3. When you see something that is technically sweet, you go ahead and do it and you argue about what to do about it only after you have had your technical success. That is the way it was with the atomic bomb. - J. Robert Oppenheimer

4. Fear not those who argue but those who dodge. - Dale Carnegie

5. Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties. - John Milton

6. We're always going to argue about abortion. It's a hard choice and it's controversial, and that's why I'm pro-choice, because I want people to make their own choices. - Hillary Clinton

7. It is better to discuss things, to argue and engage in polemics than make perfidious plans of mutual destruction. - Mikhail Gorbachev

8. I detest life-insurance agents: they always argue that I shall some day die, which is not so. - Stephen Leacock

9. I think I can keep a rhythm to a beat, but there are quite a few people who would argue with me. - Matthew McConaughey

10. I don't like guys who will lie down and take it. I want someone who'll fight back. I like people who can argue well. - Sandra Bullock

11. China and the U.S. need each other very badly. Yes, we should argue about some things, but it's not an 'us versus them,' it's an 'us and them' type scenario. - Bill Gates

12. People here argue about religion interminably, but it appears that they are competing at the same time to see who can be the least devout. - Montesquieu

13. The personal things should be left out of platforms at conventions. You can argue yourself blue in the face, and you're not going to change each other's minds. It's a waste of your time and my time. - Barbara Bush

14. One cannot really argue with a mathematical theorem. - Stephen Hawking

15. But does that mean that war and violence are inevitable? I would argue not because we have also evolved this amazingly sophisticated intellect, and we are capable of controlling our innate behavior a lot of the time. - Jane Goodall

16. When I was younger, I felt very much like, 'Oh, I have to be a certain way, I have to look a certain way.' You really, really don't. That's the way women are treated differently than men. I mean, I've had actors argue with me about this. - Anne Hathaway

17. Some argue we should get coal, oil and gas out of the ground as quickly as possible, build more pipelines and make as much money as we can selling it here and abroad. Their priorities are the economy and meeting short-term energy needs so we can live the lives to which we've become accustomed. - David Suzuki

18. I am very close to my family. I have learned a lot from my father. He used to tell me to be honest with yourself and not to argue with your seniors. You don't need to be involved in any quarrel, as sometimes you need to remain silent intelligently. - Suresh Raina

19. Marriage is a reflection of your life in general: how you treat people, how you argue, how secure you are in your own thoughts. How vehemently do you argue your point of view? With what disdain do you view the other's point of view? - William Shatner

20. My uncle played rugby, and my dad played football, and they used to argue which game was the roughest - and everybody agreed rugby was. It's a great team sport, and to be successful, every person has to play in the same level. - Clint Eastwood.

AdobeStock_216284144.jpeg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer