Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-15 17:25:04

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Add Quotes

Add Quotes

1. Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. - Rabindranath Tagore

2. The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much it is whether we provide enough for those who have little. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

3. Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson

4. Respect is one of life's greatest treasures. I mean, what does it all add up to if you don't have that? - Marilyn Monroe

5. Make bold choices and make mistakes. It's all those things that add up to the person you become. - Angelina Jolie

6. It is not my nature, when I see a people borne down by the weight of their shackles - the oppression of tyranny - to make their life more bitter by heaping upon them greater burdens; but rather would I do all in my power to raise the yoke than to add anything that would tend to crush them. - Abraham Lincoln

7. I am an enthusiast, but not a crank in the sense that I have some pet theories as to the proper construction of a flying machine. I wish to avail myself of all that is already known and then, if possible, add my mite to help on the future worker who will attain final success. - Wilbur Wright

8. It takes these very simple-minded instructions - 'Go fetch a number, add it to this number, put the result there, perceive if it's greater than this other number' - but executes them at a rate of, let's say, 1,000,000 per second. At 1,000,000 per second, the results appear to be magic. - Steve Jobs

9. To catch a piece of life on camera and make it come alive, add layers to it and deliver a product that is wholesome is really exciting to me. - Mani Ratnam

10. If you have religious faith, very good, you can add on secular ethics, then religious belief, add on it, very good. But even those people who have no interest about religion, okay, it's not religion, but you can train through education. - Dalai Lama

11. I've been waiting over 40 years to come to Cyprus, and it has not disappointed - the birthplace of Aphrodite, the Crossroads of Civilization, and, I might add, a genuine strategic partner to the United States of America. - Joe Biden

12. The ability of a successful company to add functionality to its product has long been upheld. - Bill Gates

13. Need we add that mathematicians themselves are not infallible? - Henri Poincare

14. There is a real danger that computers will develop intelligence and take over. We urgently need to develop direct connections to the brain so that computers can add to human intelligence rather than be in opposition. - Stephen Hawking

15. A crash diet never works. You lose weight one day and add it the next. - Lara Dutta

16. I always do book signings with the same blue pen. That way, if I add a personalised message to a book I've already signed, it'll be in the same colour as my signature. - John Grisham

17. It's easier to add things on to a PC than it's ever been before. It's one click, and boom, it comes down. Bill Gates

18. Every day, we are bombarded with a multitude of toxins in the environment. We know that the negative health impacts from this constant exposure can add up. - Chuck Norris

19. Money can add very much to one's ability to lead a constructive life, not only pleasant for oneself, but, hopefully, beneficial to others. - David Rockefeller

20. Indian IT corporations have made work in the U.S. much more efficient by enhancing their productivity and quality of work. We have helped to add sufficient value to the corporations in the U.S. - N. R. Narayana Murthy.

60dc3da956d8885041eca5495bae0697.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer