Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-29 19:32:28

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Movies Quotes

Movies Quotes

1. Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood. - Walt Disney

2. The most amazing thing for me is that every single person who sees a movie, not necessarily one of my movies, brings a whole set of unique experiences. Now, through careful manipulation and good storytelling, you can get everybody to clap at the same time, to hopefully laugh at the same time, and to be afraid at the same time. - Steven Spielberg

3. Most of us do not consciously look at movies. - Roger Ebert

4. A lot of movies are about life, mine are like a slice of cake. - Alfred Hitchcock

5. Movie magic is movie magic and acting magic is acting magic. - Ben Kingsley

6. Well, the wonderful thing about making movies, oddly enough, is that they're sort of highly motivated graduate studies in one or another field. - Sydney Pollack

7. Movies are an art form that is very available to the masses. - Richard King

8. I didn't have any ambition to produce big mainstream popcorn movies. - Jodie Foster

9. Movies are not scripts - movies are films; they're not books, they're not the theatre. - Nicolas Roeg

10. Talking about dreams is like talking about movies, since the cinema uses the language of dreams; years can pass in a second, and you can hop from one place to another. It's a language made of image. And in the real cinema, every object and every light means something, as in a dream. - Federico Fellini

11. Everything I learned I learned from the movies. - Audrey Hepburn

12. Nostalgia, the vice of the aged. We watch so many old movies our memories come in monochrome. - Angela Carter

13. When I was a boy, I always saw myself as a hero in comic books and in movies. I grew up believing this dream. - Elvis Presley

14. I don't want to do anything and everything. I want to be a brand that, every time I leverage my name, I want people to feel sure that it's going to be something good - so whether it be my movies, my perfume, my restaurant, my musical, it'll be good work, good food and good everything. - Shilpa Shetty

15. How do people relate to movies now, when they're on portable devices or streaming them? It's not as much about going to the movies. That experience has changed. - Keanu Reeves

16. Movies are a fad. Audiences really want to see live actors on a stage. - Charlie Chaplin

17. I do enjoy animated movies. I really love anime and movies like 'Spirited Away' and 'Howl's Moving Castle.' - Nicolas Cage

18. Some people go to the movies to be reminded that everything's okay. I don't make those kinds of movies. - David Fincher

19. Making movies is a way of understanding myself and the world. - Ang Lee

20. If you just love movies enough, you can make a good one. - Quentin Tarantino

21. We all need illusions. That's why we love movies. Monica Bellucci

22. I said, 'I'm going to the United States to study with Stella Adler and do movies because nobody here has done it and my passion is films.' But I came here and I didn't speak English, I didn't have a green card, I didn't know I had to have an agent, I couldn't drive, I was dyslexic. - Salma Hayek

23. I don't want to imitate life in movies; I want to represent it. And in that representation, you use the colors you feel, and sometimes they are fake colors. But always it's to show one emotion. - Pedro Almodovar

24. A man becomes what he dreams. And I dreamed of being in the movies. I was brought up on Steve McQueen, Clint Eastwood, Warren Beatty, and Cary Grant. - Pierce Brosnan

25. There's a lot of great movies that have won the Academy Award, and a lot of great movies that haven't. You just do the best you can. Clint Eastwood.

pThcymdkCEp9RgyJDsWLPV-1024-80.jpg.webp

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer