Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-13 18:12:27

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Death Quotes

Death Quotes

1. The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time. - Mark Twain

2. Our dead are never dead to us, until we have forgotten them. - George Eliot

3. Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily. - Napoleon Bonaparte

4. If a man has not discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

5. Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once. - William Shakespeare

6. You'll have time to rest when you're dead. - Robert De Niro

7. I would rather die a meaningful death than to live a meaningless life. - Corazon Aquino

8. I am not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

9. Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there's a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see. - Helen Keller

10. Men fear death as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear in children is increased by tales, so is the other. - Francis Bacon

11. Death most resembles a prophet who is without honor in his own land or a poet who is a stranger among his people. - Khalil Gibran

12. The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead. - Albert Einstein

13. I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. - Mark Twain

14. I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death. - Leonardo da Vinci

15. Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. - Socrates

16. Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely. - Buddha

17. Life and death are one thread, the same line viewed from different sides. - Lao Tzu

18.I love the name of honor, more than I fear death. - Julius Caesar

19. If we don't know life, how can we know death? - Confucius

20. Death is the golden key that opens the palace of eternity. - John Milton

21. Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome. - Isaac Asimov

22. There is no easy walk to freedom anywhere, and many of us will have to pass through the valley of the shadow of death again and again before we reach the mountaintop of our desires. - Nelson Mandela

23. There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in its potentialities, so absolutely terrifying, that even man, the fighter, who will dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appalled, and so abandon war forever. - Thomas A. Edison

24. Death is not the worst that can happen to men. - Plato

25. Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death. - Albert Einstein

26. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death. - Thomas Paine

27. I offer neither pay, nor quarters, nor food; I offer only hunger, thirst, forced marches, battles and death. Let him who loves his country with his heart, and not merely with his lips, follow me. - Giuseppe Garibaldi

28. For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one. - Khalil Gibran

29. Absence and death are the same - only that in death there is no suffering. - Theodore Roosevelt

30. Let us all be brave enough to die the death of a martyr, but let no one lust for martyrdom. - Mahatma Gandhi

31. Do the thing we fear, and death of fear is certain. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

32. Death, so called, is a thing which makes men weep, And yet a third of life is passed in sleep. - Lord Byron

33. The safest course is to do nothing against one's conscience. With this secret, we can enjoy life and have no fear from death. - Voltaire

34. As long as your body is healthy and under control and death is distant, try to save your soul; when death is immanent what can you do? - Chanakya

35. Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment. - Dag Hammarskjold

36. Our nature consists in motion; complete rest is death. - Blaise Pascal.

image2.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer