Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-01 01:45:20

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Science Quotes

Science Quotes

1. We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. - Carl Sagan

2. Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

3. Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world. Science is the highest personification of the nation because that nation will remain the first which carries the furthest the works of thought and intelligence. - Louis Pasteur

4. Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life. - Immanuel Kant

5. Science does not know its debt to imagination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

6. Science is the great antidote to the poison of enthusiasm and superstition. - Adam Smith

7. The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom. - Isaac Asimov

8. Science is nothing but perception. - Plato

9. Science, my lad, is made up of mistakes, but they are mistakes which it is useful to make, because they lead little by little to the truth. - Jules Verne

10. Let both sides seek to invoke the wonders of science instead of its terrors. Together let us explore the stars, conquer the deserts, eradicate disease, tap the ocean depths, and encourage the arts and commerce. - John F. Kennedy

11. Science is not only a disciple of reason but, also, one of romance and passion. - Stephen Hawking

12. A scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it. - Max Planck

13. It is inexcusable for scientists to torture animals; let them make their experiments on journalists and politicians. - Henrik Ibsen

14. Science is a perception of the world around us. Science is a place where what you find in nature pleases you. - Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar

15. To me there has never been a higher source of earthly honor or distinction than that connected with advances in science. - Isaac Newton

16. The great tragedy of science - the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact. - Thomas Huxley

17. Most people say that it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character. - Albert Einstein

18. By denying scientific principles, one may maintain any paradox. - Galileo Galilei

19. Science never solves a problem without creating ten more. - George Bernard Shaw

20. Nobody climbs mountains for scientific reasons. Science is used to raise money for the expeditions, but you really climb for the hell of it. - Edmund Hillary

21. Bad times have a scientific value. These are occasions a good learner would not miss. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

22. It stands to the everlasting credit of science that by acting on the human mind it has overcome man's insecurity before himself and before nature. - Albert Einstein

23. Science is a beautiful gift to humanity; we should not distort it. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

24. If civilization is to survive, we must cultivate the science of human relationships - the ability of all peoples, of all kinds, to live together, in the same world at peace. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

25. Success is a science; if you have the conditions, you get the result. - Oscar Wilde

26. Science is what you know, philosophy is what you don't know. - Bertrand Russell

27. The essence of science is independent thinking, hard work, and not equipment. When I got my Nobel Prize, I had spent hardly 200 rupees on my equipment. - C. V. Raman

28. Modern science says: 'The sun is the past, the earth is the present, the moon is the future.' From an incandescent mass we have originated, and into a frozen mass we shall turn. Merciless is the law of nature, and rapidly and irresistibly we are drawn to our doom. - Nikola Tesla

29. There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in its potentialities, so absolutely terrifying, that even man, the fighter, who will dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appalled, and so abandon war forever. - Thomas A. Edison

30. Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance. - Hippocrates

31. Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all - the apathy of human beings. - Helen Keller

32. Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. - Charles Darwin

33. Science is the search for truth, that is the effort to understand the world: it involves the rejection of bias, of dogma, of revelation, but not the rejection of morality. - Linus Pauling

34. The equal right of all citizens to health, education, work, food, security, culture, science, and wellbeing - that is, the same rights we proclaimed when we began our struggle, in addition to those which emerge from our dreams of justice and equality for all inhabitants of our world - is what I wish for all. - Fidel Castro

35. Science can purify religion from error and superstition. Religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes. - Pope John Paul II

36. Natural science, does not simply describe and explain nature; it is part of the interplay between nature and ourselves. - Werner Heisenberg

37. It is the function of science to discover the existence of a general reign of order in nature and to find the causes governing this order. And this refers in equal measure to the relations of man - social and political - and to the entire universe as a whole. - Dmitri Mendeleev

38. Vanity of science. Knowledge of physical science will not console me for ignorance of morality in time of affliction, but knowledge of morality will always console me for ignorance of physical science. - Blaise Pascal

39. In science there is only physics; all the rest is stamp collecting. - Lord Kelvin

40. Travel stories teach geography; insect stories lead the child into natural science; and so on. The teacher, in short, can use reading to introduce her pupils to the most varied subjects; and the moment they have been thus started, they can go on to any limit guided by the single passion for reading. - Maria Montessori

41. Therefore, the good of man must be the end of the science of politics. - Aristotle

42. Mathematical science shows what is. It is the language of unseen relations between things. But to use and apply that language, we must be able fully to appreciate, to feel, to seize the unseen, the unconscious. - Ada Lovelace.

1b219136ba87cd3da25711fd38ac95a8.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer