Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-03-30 22:56:52

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Respect Quotes

Respect Quotes

1. When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you. - Lao Tzu

2. Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. - Albert Einstein

3. To the living we owe respect, but to the dead we owe only the truth. - Voltaire

4. Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that's real power. - Clint Eastwood

5. This world of ours... must avoid becoming a community of dreadful fear and hate, and be, instead, a proud confederation of mutual trust and respect. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

6. I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect. - Edward Gibbon

7. If once you forfeit the confidence of your fellow-citizens, you can never regain their respect and esteem. - Abraham Lincoln

8. When people do not respect us we are sharply offended; yet in his private heart no man much respects himself. - Mark Twain

9. In order to acquire a growing and lasting respect in society, it is a good thing, if you possess great talent, to give, early in your youth, a very hard kick to the right shin of the society that you love. After that, be a snob. - Salvador Dali

10. If we are not free, no one will respect us. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

11. People want to hear what I have to say and respect what I say. - Jennifer Capriati

12. Knowledge will give you power, but character respect. - Bruce Lee

13. I have seen many storms in my life. Most storms have caught me by surprise, so I had to learn very quickly to look further and understand that I am not capable of controlling the weather, to exercise the art of patience and to respect the fury of nature. - Paulo Coelho

14. Without feelings of respect, what is there to distinguish men from beasts? - Confucius

15. I believe in one power, and that is the hand of God. I respect all religions. - Lata Mangeshkar

16. The respect and protection of woman and of maternity should be raised to the position of an inalienable social duty and should become one of the principles of human morality. - Maria Montessori

17. We learned about gratitude and humility - that so many people had a hand in our success, from the teachers who inspired us to the janitors who kept our school clean... and we were taught to value everyone's contribution and treat everyone with respect. - Michelle Obama

18. My father used to have an expression. He'd say, 'Joey, a job is about a lot more than a paycheck. It's about your dignity. It's about respect. It's about your place in your community.' - Joe Biden

19. The game of basketball has been everything to me. My place of refuge, place I've always gone where I needed comfort and peace. It's been the site of intense pain and the most intense feelings of joy and satisfaction. It's a relationship that has evolved over time, given me the greatest respect and love for the game. - Michael Jordan

20. When you practice gratefulness, there is a sense of respect toward others. - Dalai Lama

21. I respect all religions, but I'm not a deeply religious person. But I try and live life in the right way, respecting other people. I wasn't brought up in a religious way, but I believe there's something out there that looks after you. - David Beckham

22. I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for law. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

23. If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

24. My parents taught me about the importance of qualities like kindness, respect, and honesty, and I realize how central values like these have been to me throughout my life. - Kate Middleton

25. Moral authority comes from following universal and timeless principles like honesty, integrity, treating people with respect. - Stephen Covey

26. Cooperation and respect for each other will advance the cause of human rights worldwide. Confrontation, vilification, and double standards will not. - Robert Mugabe

27. I have a great respect for incremental improvement, and I've done that sort of thing in my life, but I've always been attracted to the more revolutionary changes. I don't know why. Because they're harder. They're much more stressful emotionally. And you usually go through a period where everybody tells you that you've completely failed. - Steve Jobs

28. In Republics, the great danger is, that the majority may not sufficiently respect the rights of the minority. - James Madison

29. Democracy arises out of the notion that those who are equal in any respect are equal in all respects; because men are equally free, they claim to be absolutely equal. - Aristotle

30. One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyranny. - Bertrand Russell

31. Economics is a subject that does not greatly respect one's wishes. - Nikita Khrushchev

32. Respect is one of life's greatest treasures. I mean, what does it all add up to if you don't have that? - Marilyn Monroe

33. Golf is game of respect and sportsmanship; we have to respect its traditions and its rules. - Jack Nicklaus

34. We are more thoroughly an enlightened people, with respect to our political interests, than perhaps any other under heaven. Every man among us reads, and is so easy in his circumstances as to have leisure for conversations of improvement and for acquiring information. - Benjamin Franklin

35. I come from a poor family, I have seen poverty. The poor need respect, and it begins with cleanliness. - Narendra Modi

36. I am an agnostic, even though I respect and am interested in all religions. If there's something I believe in, it's a mysterious energy; the one that fills the oceans during tides, the one that unites nature and beings. - Monica Bellucci.

respect750.jpg?cb=750c348c560c80d8f45d5914270a074e&w=750&h=

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer