Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-03-26 17:36:09

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Peace Quotes

Peace Quotes

1. Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

2. I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace. - Thomas Paine

3. Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means. - Ronald Reagan

4. Peace and justice are two sides of the same coin. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

5. If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other. - Mother Teresa

6. People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell

7. Peace is a journey of a thousand miles and it must be taken one step at a time. - Lyndon B. Johnson

8. Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable. - John F. Kennedy

9. We make war that we may live in peace. - Aristotle

10. We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves. - Dalai Lama

11. Peace is not only better than war, but infinitely more arduous. - George Bernard Shaw

12. Avoid popularity if you would have peace. - Abraham Lincoln

13. I do not want the peace which passeth understanding, I want the understanding which bringeth peace. - Helen Keller

14. What we need is Star Peace and not Star Wars. Mikhail Gorbachev

15. I am at peace with God. My conflict is with Man. - Charlie Chaplin

16. If they want peace, nations should avoid the pin-pricks that precede cannon shots. - Napoleon Bonaparte

17. Democracy is necessary to peace and to undermining the forces of terrorism. - Benazir Bhutto

18. I most sincerely wish that the world in which we live be free from the threat of a nuclear holocaust and from the ruinous arms race. It is my cherished desire that peace be not separated from freedom which is the right of every nation. This I desire and for this I pray. - Lech Walesa

19. Peace is its own reward. - Mahatma Gandhi

20. I think that people want peace so much that one of these days government had better get out of their way and let them have it. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

21. It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war. - John F. Kennedy

22. Nobody can bring you peace but yourself. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

23. Peace is not a relationship of nations. It is a condition of mind brought about by a serenity of soul. Peace is not merely the absence of war. It is also a state of mind. Lasting peace can come only to peaceful people. - Jawaharlal Nehru

24. To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him. - Buddha

25. Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

26. The pursuit of peace and progress cannot end in a few years in either victory or defeat. The pursuit of peace and progress, with its trials and its errors, its successes and its setbacks, can never be relaxed and never abandoned. - Dag Hammarskjold

27. A people free to choose will always choose peace. - Ronald Reagan

28. Peace and friendship with all mankind is our wisest policy, and I wish we may be permitted to pursue it. - Thomas Jefferson

29. A peace is of the nature of a conquest; for then both parties nobly are subdued, and neither party loser. - William Shakespeare

30. He that would live in peace and at ease must not speak all he knows or all he sees. - Benjamin Franklin

31. As I came to power peacefully, so shall I keep it. - Corazon Aquino

32. I dream of an Africa which is in peace with itself. - Nelson Mandela

33. To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace. - George Washington

34. We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other's children. - Jimmy Carter

35. Where there is righteousness in the heart, there is beauty in the character. When there is beauty in the character, there is harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, there is order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, there is peace in the world. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

36. Establishing lasting peace is the work of education; all politics can do is keep us out of war. - Maria Montessori.

globenew-e1635333924716.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer