Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-03-05 17:10:10

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Humor Quotes

Humor Quotes

1. Humor is mankind's greatest blessing. - Mark Twain

2. Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.-  Francis Bacon

3. The secret to humor is surprise. - Aristotle

4. Humor is one of the best ingredients of survival. - Aung San Suu Kyi

5. You are not angry with people when you laugh at them. Humor teaches tolerance. - W. Somerset Maugham

6. Good humor is one of the best articles of dress one can wear in society. - William Makepeace Thackeray

7. Celebrate your successes. Find some humor in your failures. - Sam Walton

8. Humor is the truth; wit is an exaggeration of the truth. - Stan Laurel

9. Kindness is really important to me in finding my own prince - so are patience and a sense of humor. Without those qualities he's no Prince Charming! - Anne Hathaway

10. The overwhelming majority of Americans are possessed of two great qualities : a sense of humor and a sense of proportion. Franklin D. Roosevelt

11. Our brand of democracy is hard. But I can promise that a year from now, when I no longer hold this office, I'll be right there with you as a citizen - inspired by those voices of fairness and vision, of grit and good humor and kindness that have helped America travel so far. - Barack Obama

12. I think I have always had a little humor. - Marilyn Monroe

13. People of humor are always in some degree people of genius. - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

14. I want someone who can keep me on my toes, has a good sense of humor and a good heart. - Carmen Electra

15. Cynicism is humor in ill health. - H. G. Wells

16. A sense of humor keen enough to show a man his own absurdities will keep him from the commission of all sins, or nearly all, save those worth committing. - Samuel Butler

17. In truth, politeness is artificial good humor, it covers the natural want of it, and ends by rendering habitual a substitute nearly equivalent to the real virtue. - Thomas Jefferson

18. There's a tremendous amount of humor... in very unexpected places. - Holly Hunter

19. OK, in all seriousness, I would say I couldn't be in a relationship without equality, generosity, integrity, spirit, kindness and humor. And awesomeness. - Jennifer Aniston

20. I met Woz when I was 13, at a friend's garage. He was about 18. He was, like, the first person I met who knew more electronics than I did at that point. We became good friends, because we shared an interest in computers and we had a sense of humor. We pulled all kinds of pranks together. - Steve Jobs

522964a946994751b7e752b03a07ce21.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer