Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-14 06:37:47

MathReallyIsFun

Lesson 28: Review. Yes it's Compuhigh XD.

11. Which is the contrapositive of the following statement? If quadrilateral ABCD is a rectangle, then quadrilateral ABCD is a square. I'm pretty sure it's B.

A If quadrilateral ABCD is a square, then quadrilateral ABCD is a rectangle.
B If quadrilateral ABCD is not a square, then quadrilateral ABCD is not a rectangle.
C If quadrilateral ABCD is not a rectangle, then quadrilateral ABCD is not a square.
D If quadrilateral ABCD is not a square, then quadrilateral ABCD is a rectangle.

12. How does the sum of the exterior angles of a square compare to the sum of the exterior angles of a pentagon? I don't know how to figure this one out. I know that the outer angles of a square add up to 1080.

A The sum of the exterior angles of a square is greater.
B The sum of the exterior angles of a pentagon is greater.
C The two sums are equal.
D There is not enough information to compare the two sums.

13. Which of the following has four congruent sides? 99.999999999999% sure it's C.

A a rectangle
B a kite
C a rhombus
D a trapezoid

17. The volume of a cone is 218 cubic centimeters and the height of the cone is 13 centimeters. What is the radius of the cone to the nearest whole number?  I got A.

A 4 cm
B 5 cm
C 8 cm
D 16 cm

18. In the diagram shown, a 12-foot slide is attached to a swing set. The slide makes an angle with the swing set. Which answer most closely represents the height of the top of the slide? I got B.

A 5.0 feet
B 5.6 feet
C 10.9 feet
D 25.7 feet

19. A regular hexagon is inscribed in a circle with a radius of 10 meters (as shown). What is the length of each side of the hexagon? D?

A 5 meters
B meters
C 10 meters
D Cannot be determined

#2 2020-04-14 19:20:58

Bob
Administrator

Re: Lesson 28: Review. Yes it's Compuhigh XD.

hi MathReallyIsFun

Welcome to the forum.

CompuHigh are understandably unhappy that we allow their material to be published on this site.  I'd be grateful if you would remove it.  Surely, if you have the answers, the thing to do is to submit your work and let your tutor assess it.  That's what they're paid for.  Members of MIF give their time freely.

If you would like specific help with a topic please make clear what it is and also add what you can do in that topic so we can understand where your difficulty lies.

Best wishes,

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

Board footer