Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-04 01:08:34

lovely77

Geometry

HELP !!! I need this done by today !!

1. Find the area of a regular hexagon with 8 feet sides.  Round the answers to the nearest whole number.
Find the area of the same hexagon using two trapezoids.  Confirm that the answers to Part 1 and Part 2 are equivalent.
Construct a prism from the above regular hexagon.  The height of the hexagonal prism is 5 feet. Find the surface area and the volume of this prism.

2. If a heptagon has an area of 105 in2, what is the measure of one side?

3. A pentagon’s radius (measure from center to vertex) measures 4 cm, what is the pentagon’s area?

4. A regular octagon rests on one of the flat sides and has a total height of 10 ft. What is the measure of one of the octagon’s sides? (1 pt.)

5. Find the area of the figure below by dividing into 3 distinct shapes. For example, you cannot use two rectangles. Use the areas of these three shapes to find the total area.

#2 2019-09-04 19:56:55

Bob
Administrator

Re: Geometry

hi lovely77

Welcome to the forum.

Other members have posted numerous times on this topic.  The quickest way you can get help is to use the search facility to look up what was previously said.

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#3 2019-09-09 04:37:58

ifascoboy1

Normal

#4 2020-02-03 11:18:15

jaimarie

bob bundy wrote:

hi lovely77

Welcome to the forum.

Other members have posted numerous times on this topic.  The quickest way you can get help is to use the search facility to look up what was previously said.

Bob

bob, I've spent 30 min trying to find other posts that have these exact questions and they're nowhere to be found.

The only thing I found was something similar, but the given measurements aren't the same.

Please respond ASAP!!

#5 2020-02-03 19:36:24

Bob
Administrator

hi jaimarie

Welcome to the forum.

You seem to be missing the point about assignments.  These give you practice and enable your teachers to assess your progress and understanding.  If they just wanted to mark correct answers they could produce these themselves and put your name on the work.

If you've found answers to  similar questions that seems to me to be ideal.  Read and make sure you have understood what to do then test yourself by trying your homework.

In the advice about us giving help in the forum it says to make clear what you do understand as well as saying where your difficulty lies.  You haven't done this so I don't know how to help.  How can I improve your understanding by just providing model answers?

Compu High have asked the forum not to publish their worksheets as it infringes copyright and giving their students model answers  as it interferes with their assessments.  How about you explain why you cannot do the questions and we'll take it from there.  This applies to your other post too.

Best wishes,

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

Board footer