Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-01 05:24:19

Todd23

I have an algebra project that could fail me :(

So
I have a project for my algebra 2 class and I do not know how to do it. It is make a "quadratics for dummies" article. You see I am the "dummy" in this scenario and how is the "dummy" supposed to make a article for the "dummy"? Its all rather demeaning you know. Anyways the specifics of the project are that
A. I have to create an article simplifying the directions for analyzing and solving quadratic functions taking into account complex numbers.
B. Formulate a theory for predicting when each of the described methods should be used for each particular function (I think the three ways are completing the square, factoring, and using the quadratic formula).
C. Create a graphic organizer such as a flow chart or a flow map to show your recommendations.

If anyone could help me with this I would be ecstatic. Really!
Any help would be appreciated.

#2 2016-12-01 14:41:20

David

Re: I have an algebra project that could fail me :(

Todd23 wrote:

So
I have a project for my algebra 2 class and I do not know how to do it. It is make a "quadratics for dummies" article. You see I am the "dummy" in this scenario and how is the "dummy" supposed to make a article for the "dummy"? Its all rather demeaning you know. Anyways the specifics of the project are that
A. I have to create an article simplifying the directions for analyzing and solving quadratic functions taking into account complex numbers.
B. Formulate a theory for predicting when each of the described methods should be used for each particular function (I think the three ways are completing the square, factoring, and using the quadratic formula).
C. Create a graphic organizer such as a flow chart or a flow map to show your recommendations.

If anyone could help me with this I would be ecstatic. Really!
Any help would be appreciated.

Hello Todd,

I'll advise you to first sign up for an account here, as guest can't reply to threads.

Can you give us the specific tasks that you need to do?

His dominion is an everlasting dominion, Which shall not pass away, And His kingdom the one Which shall not be destroyed.

#3 2016-12-01 22:56:37

Bob
Administrator

Re: I have an algebra project that could fail me :(

hi Todd23

There's plenty here:

http://www.mathsisfun.com/algebra/quadr … ation.html

But please make your own words and diagrams rather than copying directly.

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

Board footer