Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-30 11:14:27

PatternMan

Who made mathisfun?

It's a brilliant website. I'm referring to mathisfun.com. It's so easy to follow and I can understand the concepts extremely quickly. The pictures and gifs help a lot. When I am going through a book or something I just look on there to understand the concept first. Then I can continue with the book. It's so much easier that way rather than  trying to figure it out on your own if the book doesn't explain easily. I find the this part is this, that part is that, images to be the best way of learning for me.

"School conditions you to reject your own judgement and experiences. The facts are in the textbook. Memorize and follow the rules. What they don't tell you is the people that discovered the facts and wrote the textbooks are people like you and me."

#2 2014-07-30 11:58:57

ShivamS

Re: Who made mathisfun?

MathsIsFun/Rod Pierce did.

#3 2014-07-30 13:21:15

bobbym
bumpkin

MIF is responsible.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#4 2014-07-30 13:24:44

PatternMan

By the way I have "basic maths + Geometry - Serge Lang" and Sulivan's Algebra now. I'm going through them nearly everyday. Sulivan's book is nice and easy is go through. It is organised well and shows you lots of methods. Even though I dislike parts of Basic Mathematics, I prefer it. I dislike that it is kind of difficult and assumes prior knowledge of certain things somethings. I really like the problems in that book and how it derives many of the rules. This is something that is nonexistent in the modern books I have read.

"School conditions you to reject your own judgement and experiences. The facts are in the textbook. Memorize and follow the rules. What they don't tell you is the people that discovered the facts and wrote the textbooks are people like you and me."

Board footer