Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-30 07:33:44

Whizzies

Anyone know sheets of math assignments? Or a book?

Heyy people,

I am searching for a book or sheets with lots of lots of assignments. Differentiating and integrating primitives and such. I'd like to be more natural in using the chain rule product rule and using that with primitives. (:

Thanks!

I rather have not some random computer giving assignments. I want the answers too. Like calc the primitive of Ln(2x-2) and differentiate 20log(x-20) and such (:

#2 2014-07-30 12:22:52

ShivamS

Re: Anyone know sheets of math assignments? Or a book?

Spivak Calculus (available online). Do one chain rule problem from it and you're done.

#3 2014-07-30 19:23:38

Whizzies

ShivamS wrote:

Spivak Calculus (available online). Do one chain rule problem from it and you're done.

Mwhuahha, Thank you! But I am more or less searching for mere assignments (: for practising my skills.

Just the exercise not the theory. I have a few math books with just exercises but, my problem is, when I have done a few I remember the answers so I kinda know where to work to (:

I just want a sheet filled with nice math and answers ofcourse! Like 2000 assignments on one page (: Would be awesome yes?

Sorry Guys, I googled just now and I think I found something (:

Sorry for opening topic, before researching!

Last edited by Whizzies (2014-07-30 19:26:27)

#4 2014-07-30 20:09:32

bobbym
bumpkin

Post the link please.

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
Always satisfy the Prime Directive of getting the right answer above all else.

#5 2014-07-31 01:29:53

Whizzies

bobbym wrote:

Post the link please.

http://www.schoolhousetech.com/
I believe this is pre-calculus but it is for teachers only!

http://www.math-drills.com/
This is also a nice page, but again for pre-calculus.

http://themathworksheetsite.com/
Pre-calculus

Those two above is what I kind of like, but it is too easy for me to do (:

https://www.kutasoftware.com/
Seems reasonable... It is only after two weeks for a big fee! (haven't tried it yet)

I Also have a book, but it is Dutch... and there are no assignments about primitive functions (dunno if it is the name) It is the opposite of differentiation.

#6 2014-07-31 01:45:21

ShivamS

Whizzies wrote:
ShivamS wrote:

Mwhuahha, Thank you! But I am more or less searching for mere assignments (: for practising my skills.

Just the exercise not the theory. I have a few math books with just exercises but, my problem is, when I have done a few I remember the answers so I kinda know where to work to (:

I just want a sheet filled with nice math and answers ofcourse! Like 2000 assignments on one page (: Would be awesome yes?

Sorry Guys, I googled just now and I think I found something (:

Sorry for opening topic, before researching!

In my experience, drilling in math by doing routine problems will get you an A+ in high school, but won't give you a mastery of the subject.

#7 2014-08-01 01:46:13

Whizzies

ShivamS wrote:

In my experience, drilling in math by doing routine problems will get you an A+ in high school, but won't give you a mastery of the subject.

Very true, but there is not often enough time ( during the school time) to search for the proof or understand the proof. We are just sheeps that need to do something without asking why! The fun stuff is always after school time (: And having the skills to solve an equation with a certain ease is always handy (:

But I think I just rince and repeat the stuff that I have...

#8 2014-08-01 02:15:44

ShivamS

Yeah, unfortunately there is little time to do your own study after regular school.

Board footer