Math Is Fun Forum
  Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-02 01:30:09

SuperLynx

Math Books from Earlier Grades

Hi, I'm in need of Grade 8 / 9 / 10 Trigonometry & Algebra math books, any recommendations from books you learned at school or bought when you were younger ?

#2 2012-10-02 02:40:57

bobbym
Administrator

Re: Math Books from Earlier Grades

What type of books? Real ones or downloadable ones? There are sites and videos too.

Here is a list of pdf's to download.

http://www.sciencebooksonline.info/math … metry.html

Here is a good site to learn from if you have not been there already.

http://www.mathsisfun.com/algebra/trigonometry.html

In mathematics, you don't understand things. You just get used to them.

I agree with you regarding the satisfaction and importance of actually computing some numbers. I can't tell you how often I see time and money wasted because someone didn't bother to run the numbers.

#3 2012-10-02 10:34:35

SuperLynx

I prefer books, any more suggestions are welcome, give me something to decide on smile

#4 2012-10-02 10:36:16

zetafunc.

There are the Edexcel C1/C2 books by Keith Pledger, which most of us use for AS-level Mathematics in the UK (for those on that exam board). I think they are easy to follow.

#5 2012-10-03 10:44:36

SuperLynx

I haven't touched this math in, well, about 15 yrs smile And what I learned I forgot, some of it, not all, now I want to get my brain going, I'm going to have to start with the fundamentals, and what vectors and algebra is, and dot matrix etc, I'd prefer if there was a book with picture examples, of all the different types following the math. 

Any more suggestions would be welcome, we all know there is a wealth of math books, suggestions in this case are needed smile

Board footer